by sirtrotski

Original Post

Re: ***'SimCity has stopped working' Crash FIX!***

★★ Novice
it helped me one time and never again what do I do
Message 11 of 13 (505 Views)

★★ Novice

Wanted to Reply as I tried something and it atleast for about 1 whole hour cured my crash problem.  This was happening on Windows 10 on a PC that could run Fallout 4 on nearly maxed graphics among other high end titles with little issues in 2018 where after about 1 or so hours once my city really started humming it would have a memory error and close.  

So what I tried was right clicking the game icon shortcut on my desktop and clicked restore previous versions.  then checked Run this program in compatability mode for:  then in the drop box I choose Windows 7.  Hit Ok to save then for the heck of it right clicked the icon again and choose run as administrator.  I wanted to play and test longer, but didn't want to forget posting this suggestion in case it helps others who have had a broken Simcity 5 game for the last several weeks months years???  Good Luck happy building!

Message 12 of 13 (330 Views)

★★ Novice

Wanted to Reply as I tried something and it atleast for about 1 whole hour cured my crash problem.  This was happening on Windows 10 on a PC that could run Fallout 4 on nearly maxed graphics among other high end titles with little issues in 2018 where after about 1 or so hours once my city really started humming it would have a memory error and close.  

So what I tried was right clicking the game icon shortcut on my desktop and clicked restore previous versions.  then checked Run this program in compatability mode for:  then in the drop box I choose Windows 7.  Hit Ok to save then for the heck of it right clicked the icon again and choose run as administrator.  I wanted to play and test longer, but didn't want to forget posting this suggestion in case it helps others who have had a broken Simcity 5 game for the last several weeks months years???  Good Luck happy building!

Message 13 of 13 (351 Views)