SimCity Will not install

by Vladimir_Marduk

Original Post

SimCity Will not install

★★★ Newbie

I have windows 10, Origin is stuck in the "preparing" phase of installing SimCity. I've left it on over night with no luck. After the overnight wait for SimCity to Install, I thought it might be a connectivity issue, so as a test I was able to install Dragon Age Inquisition with no problem while SimCity remained as "preparing".

Message 1 of 2 (287 Views)

Re: SimCity Will not install

Hero (Retired)

@Vladimir_Marduk - I'm sorry you're having these problems. Many times this can be solved by signing out of Origin, reboot your computer, then sign back in to Origin. Always run installation files "As Administrator".

Firewall and Antivirus - Make sure SimCity.exe and Origin.exe are added to exception lists. If you have BitDefender installed, disable it.
Graphics drivers and Windows OS are patched and updated to newest versions
SimCity.exe and Origin.exe - Set them to run "as administrator"
Nahimic 2 from MSI - this is an audio management program that comes with MSI motherboards. Disable or uninstall it. Nahimic 2 is known to cause this issue.

If you get stuck during the installation again, close out of Origin completely.

Copy update files to SimCity folder. Go to Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData\Patches\UpdatedApp Select all files (Ctrl-A) and copy (Ctrl-C). Go to \Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity and paste (Ctrl-V). Choose to overwrite any files that already exist.

Definitely post back and let us know whether something worked, and any error messages you might have. Happy building!

Message 2 of 2 (272 Views)