SimCity Multiplayer: Failed to load city. Please, try again.

by Slopatych

Original Post

SimCity Multiplayer: Failed to load city. Please, try again.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi friends! Help me solve the problem when downloading the second city in multiplayer mode: "Failed to load city, please try again". Yesterday this city was loaded without errors. The first city is loaded without errors. I'm playing on the server "Europe West 1". When transfer the game to a single mode, an error also occurs. I can't delete the region, I'm playing for the leaderboard. Heeeeelp me.
Thanks.

Message 1 of 2 (393 Views)

Re: SimCity Multiplayer: Failed to load city. Please, try again.

Hero (Retired)

This is such a frustrating error. Some basic things - If you installed any mods, delete them. Reboot your machine to make sure there are no processes running in the background.

Here are some things to try, I hope one of them works:

1. Go into the city that is loading, then go to region view and see if you can load the problem city from there.

2. Make sure your firewall and antivirus are not blocking SimCity.exe, and that it is added to the exception lists. If you have BitDefender installed, disable it.

3. Run SimCity as administrator

4. In Origin, right-click SimCity icon, Game Properties, check the box that says "Disable Origin In-game"

5. In Origin, right-click SimCity icon, choose "Repair Game"

6. Run SimCityRecovery.exe Default location is \Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityRecovery

7. Delete everything in the SimCityUserData folder and load the game again.  (Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData) 

If none of the above works, you could try calling support to see if they can roll back your city. Otherwise, you may have an unrecoverable city. Good luck!

Message 2 of 2 (371 Views)