SimCity: Complete Edition Vs. Simcity

by user1258

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SimCity: Complete Edition Vs. Simcity

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I bought Simcity: Complete Edition. I did not like the cities of tomorrow expansion, and i just want to be able to play regular Simcity.So i bought regular Simcity, when i installed it caught that i had Simcity: Complete Edition, and now when i install it, it only installs the full simcity with all the expansions, how can i disable them? Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 4 (3,845 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SimCity: Complete Edition Vs. Simcity

Hero (Retired)
If you don't like the futurized look, just don't use the CoT aspects. I'm not trying to be sarcastic - the looks of the game won't change as long as you don't use any of the futurized parks, or the megatowers, academy or Omegaco.

I actually never used any of it for the longest time, doesn't affect the gameplay negatively and you get the same results as you would if you did not have the CoT expansion.

If you're super dedicated to not having any of the options available, uninstall SimCity from Add/Remove Programs, then uninstall Origin using these directions: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/#hard-way You could run CCleaner afterwards to make sure everything is gone, then reinstall Origin and the regular edition of SimCity.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (4,274 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
If you don't like the futurized look, just don't use the CoT aspects. I'm not trying to be sarcastic - the looks of the game won't change as long as you don't use any of the futurized parks, or the megatowers, academy or Omegaco.

I actually never used any of it for the longest time, doesn't affect the gameplay negatively and you get the same results as you would if you did not have the CoT expansion.

If you're super dedicated to not having any of the options available, uninstall SimCity from Add/Remove Programs, then uninstall Origin using these directions: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/#hard-way You could run CCleaner afterwards to make sure everything is gone, then reinstall Origin and the regular edition of SimCity.
Message 2 of 4 (4,275 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Me too I use the Cities of Tomorrow I love  it

Message 3 of 4 (1,665 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Message 4 of 4 (1,663 Views)