SimCity Complete Edition (Origin Access) in 4K

by oxidious88

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SimCity Complete Edition (Origin Access) in 4K

★★★ Newbie

So I recently downloaded the game and noticed in factory settings, the game was extremely laggy. Even in the main menus. I then went into the settings and changed the resolution to 3840x2160 (4K), put all my graphical settings from their standard and medium settings to max. The game was still laggy at this point, I also had cursor issues in fullscreen at this point. Borderless window fixed that, however the lag persists. I tried turning down the settings to the lowest and the lag persists. It is impossible to play this game in 4K?

Message 1 of 4 (1,733 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SimCity Complete Edition (Origin Access) in 4K

Hero (Retired)
SimCity plays best up to 1080p resolutions; it does not play well in 4k, nor with multiple monitor setups. You might try forcing it to run at 60 fps and see if that helps with the lag. Otherwise, I would set it to 1920x1080 resolution and max out the settings. You won't get any better display.

tbh, I'm surprised you were able to get it to display in any 4k settings at all. So, kudos to your troubleshooting. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,080 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
SimCity plays best up to 1080p resolutions; it does not play well in 4k, nor with multiple monitor setups. You might try forcing it to run at 60 fps and see if that helps with the lag. Otherwise, I would set it to 1920x1080 resolution and max out the settings. You won't get any better display.

tbh, I'm surprised you were able to get it to display in any 4k settings at all. So, kudos to your troubleshooting. Standard smile
Message 2 of 4 (2,081 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This works to fix the lag thank you. Unfortunately 4K will not play in any regard even though you can choose the proper resolution for it.

Message 3 of 4 (1,704 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)
Glad you can play the game now. I really enjoy it, but I wouldn't call it an awesome graphic experience regardless of the settings. 😊
Message 4 of 4 (1,692 Views)