Re: SimCity Complete Crashing on a Mac

by Electric_Zappy

Original Post

Re: SimCity (Mac) hangs at city loading screen

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm no longer having any problems.  I didn't do anything, but some update seems to have fixed it - could be a Mac OS update or a Sim update.

Message 21 of 45 (3,083 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I purchased it on the mac app store the other week and got a refund, really not worth it, Very unlike apple to still be selling something that doesnt work with new Mac OS? So perhaps something at EA's end?

Message 22 of 45 (3,038 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I’ve never been able to play the game for more than ten minutes. It crashes no matter what I do. Sometimes it plays for a minute or a few seconds. I have a MacBook Air / High Sierra. Everything else works fine.
Message 23 of 45 (3,001 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue.  Just bought the game for $30!! from the app store, only to have to crash every 10-15 minutes.  I'm on a MacBook Pro, i7, 16GB RAM, and the lastest MacOS.  

Message 24 of 45 (2,940 Views)

★ Novice

Me too, same specs and everything.

Message 25 of 45 (2,805 Views)

★ Novice

Me too! 

On HighSierra 10.13.1

MacBook Pro 15" Mid 2015

Used to work on this computer before. But now it just crashes after 10 minutes. Have tried reinstalling, force quitting, restarting the computer. Any answers EA? 

Message 26 of 45 (2,458 Views)

★★ Novice

My game doesn't even last 10 minutes Frown 

Message 27 of 45 (2,452 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@ladylarien Did you see this post? There are a couple of suggestions for workarounds while Apple and Maxis investigate the issue.  Also, @SteveMartin21683 said that he was able to get it to work by using VMware Fusion and running it on a Virtual Windows 7 machine.

@EA_Mage Would it be possible to make a clean post with the information, and sticky it for a while so new Mac users see your response? 

Message 28 of 45 (2,438 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks! It works!

Message 29 of 45 (2,399 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It works?? Please tell me how you made it work! 

Message 30 of 45 (2,294 Views)