Re: Sim city 2013 running slowly

by Gorath_the_Elder

Original Post

Sim city running slow

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded SimCity digital version. When I play the game it runs slow and not smooth. All actions are a couple seconds behind and makes for difficult playing. I have a Hp Pavilon with a intel core processor. Windows 7 is the operating system. 

What do i do to fix this???

Message 1 of 21 (13,401 Views)

Re: Sim city running slow

★★★★ Novice

Get a new computer. Sorry but new games and not new computers (x2 with laptops if not more) do not go together.

Message 2 of 21 (13,282 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This computer is fairly new. About two years old. Your saying that is to old???

Message 3 of 21 (13,202 Views)

★★ Novice

Unfortunately a 2 year old desktop is too old.   You might try to upgrade graphics card and add ram.  But the best advice would look to upgrade the pc, or run the game on low resolution. 

Message 4 of 21 (13,172 Views)

★★★ Newbie

the only way i got this game to run at a decent speed was to change settings in the in game options.

simply turn down the lighting effects as low as possible (this in turn also lowers the shadow level), this unfortunately makes the game look like an 16Bit piece of carp but runs better,even though all my other graphics settings are set to max. this is really poor from EA as it looks nowhere near as good as anything advertised.

Message 5 of 21 (13,045 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sim city is running slow on 2 of 3 cities in my region.

this started on Oct 28 2014...everything is 2-3 seconds behind including my typing this question.

What's going on?

My laptop is 2years old and to someone in this post who told another 2 yr old pcs are too old...move on.

This never occurs in the other city--which leads me to believe this is a server issue.

Message 6 of 21 (8,110 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert

No one participating in this thread has named anything useful about how their hardware compares to the game requirements.   "Newness" is *NOT* relevant at all. 

Network problems (referred to as "Lag") manifest themselves in a variety of ways,  A DxDiag report can eliminate any question about whether or not a PC has adequate performance. 

How to get DxDiag and put it in a Pastebin page:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/PC-Graphic-performance-issues-in-Titanfall-here-s-how-to-help-us/...

Simcity 2013 Requirements

Operating Systems:
SimCity will run on Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7.
CPU:
Intel C2D E4400, 2 GHz, or AMD X2 4000
Video Card:
Geforce 7800 GT or Radeon HD 2600 XT with 512 MB VRAM
***NOTE: each of the above-mentioned must also have Shader 3.0 or better support, and it is essential to the game’s performance and stability that the latest possible drivers for your video card are installed at all times (see my note#).
2 GBs RAM
Direct3D Dx9
Needed space on HDD 10 GB
Optical Drive:
DVD-ROM drive required.

Internet Connection:
Players will need an Internet connection of at least 256 kbps download and 64kbps upload or faster.

Here's that Note# :

The equivalent to those minimums they named for playable results today: Geforce GT 640 and Radeon HD 6570.

Message 7 of 21 (8,106 Views)

Re: Sim city 2013 running slowly, supplemental comment

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@dham206 wrote:

This computer is fairly new. About two years old. Your saying that is to old???

That was an irrelevant response.  A cheap, average, ordinary PC will always be just what it is, at every age it reaches.  Gaming machines cost more to start with, and play the games correctly, not herky-jerky and fuzzy. 

Message 8 of 21 (8,101 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@BaltimoreColt wrote:

Sim city is running slow on 2 of 3 cities in my region.

this started on Oct 28 2014...everything is 2-3 seconds behind including my typing this question.

What's going on?

My laptop is 2years old and to someone in this post who told another 2 yr old pcs are too old...move on.

This never occurs in the other city--which leads me to believe this is a server issue.

@BaltimoreColt 

You piggybacked into a necro'd thread and did the same as the rest, which was avoiding providing useful information, about which I posted a detailed reply.  You have apparently ignored that response.  We must now presume that you no longer need assistance from the community at Answer HQ. 

Message 9 of 21 (8,085 Views)

★★★ Novice

in plain English, why is it that 2 of 3 cities have a slowness issue.

And the 3rd one runs fine in same region.

This was not an issue until aweek ago.

So in Gamer: bump.

Issue:  notresolved.

Message 10 of 21 (8,039 Views)