Sim city extension problems

by mirageman4

Original Post

Sim city extension problems

★★★ Newbie

I hav accidently built a chamber of commerce in my Oil HQ instead of a refinery. Is there ANY way I can just get rid of the chamber of commerce to get the refinery one instead?

Message 1 of 15 (1,107 Views)

Re: Sim city extension problems

Hero (Retired)

Like most structures you can delete the add-ons while in "edit mode" with the bulldoze tool.

Unfortunately you have to pay for the add-on again.

Message 2 of 15 (1,096 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah but it won't let me build the refinery one. it says Not yet permitted and says I have to get another oil upgrade, then it is IMPOSSIBLE to upgrade it as I can't get the profit needed to get the refinery, is there anyway I can cancel the commerce and get that instead?

Message 3 of 15 (1,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Deleting the Commerce Division add-on should reset the counter to 0 so you can plop the Refining Division, if you have the §400,000.

Just tried it in a sandbox and it reset. (actually it decrements the counter)

You're saying it took the HQ Upgrade level you needed to plop the Commerce Division?

You didn't delete the Main HQ building did you?

Instructions:

Double click the HQ or Commerce building. Now you're in "edit mode"

Hit the B key (Bulldoze)

Click on the Commerce Division. Flashes yellow then it's gone

You should be able to select the Refining Division in a few seconds. Standard smile

Message 4 of 15 (1,087 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Will this only work in sandbox?

Message 5 of 15 (1,077 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And NO that did not work. I think you're talking about sandbox

Message 6 of 15 (1,075 Views)

Hero (Retired)

So you upgraded the Petroleum HQ 1 level and unlocked the Commerce and Refining Divisions. Counter = 0/1.

You plop the Commerce Division. Refining Division becomes unavailable. Counter = 1/1.

You delete the Commerce Division. Both Commerce and Refining Divisions should be available again. Counter = 0/1 (check).

So you currently have a Petroleum HQ with no add-ons and it's telling you the Refining Division isn't available but the Commerce is? Doesn''t seem right.

Message 7 of 15 (1,068 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah. That's the point. I don't know why it's doing it. I hav the latest update. Unless that is just for sandbox because I am not on Sandbox.

Message 8 of 15 (1,066 Views)

Hero (Retired)

If that's the case you should just nuke the HQ and start over. You're likely still producing enough to level up again.

I don't get it. The HQ shouldn't function any different than deleting City Hall modules. I've done that numerous times.

Message 9 of 15 (1,063 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So if I bulldoze the hq it should start over?

Message 10 of 15 (1,056 Views)