Re: Sim city extension problems

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

EDIT: DON'T DO THIS.. This whole thread is crap that dddibley pulled out of his ass. lol (see below)

If deleting the Commerce Division didn't reset the counter and make the Refinery Division available then yes.. you have to start over.. from scratch. You might get the 1st HQ upgrade pretty quick though.

Out of curiousity, I'm going to build another Oil city myself.  Now I regret deleting all those test cities I had.. lol.

Message 11 of 15 (513 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Once you plop an expansion that is it, that is what locks for that building. My understanding is so that you can't cheat in the game.

For example you have a university at Level 0 and then you unlock the level 1 upgrade. Now you can place 1 expansion module, you decide to place the School of Law expansion to research the Detective Wing and then you decide to bulldoze it and put the School of Engineering in it's place to research the Space Center Great work the game will not let you.

Message 12 of 15 (509 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Finally, someone who knows what they're talking about.. lol. rushhour2k5 ftw. Mark it as the solution.

I regress. I just built the oil town on my server and you're right, we HAVE to get HQ Level Basketball to unlock Refining after picking Commerce.

If you bulldoze the HQ and replace it, everything comes back the same, even the level progress bar. HQ Level Football, Commerce unlocked, Refining locked.

As for the cheating.. devious minds. Wish I was that clever.

And so much for using the sandbox as a test bed on this one Confusedmileysad:

Message 13 of 15 (505 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Wow, can't believe someone the in the world had the same problem...
Message 14 of 15 (437 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I remember doing this same thing. More than once, I think Standard smile  

In case you don't know this tip - to unlock the refinery, set all trade depots to "use locally" and stockpile oil for a day or two. Once you have enough to reach the goal, wait for midnight, then turn all the depots to export.

Works for all headquarter unlocks, including trade, which can seem impossible. You can also import resources and stockpile, then turn on and export all at once for trade unlocks.

Message 15 of 15 (424 Views)