by mel07jk

Original Post

Sim city crash

★★★ Newbie

Product: SimCity
Platform:Mac
I want to talk about this game you don't mention above:
How accessible is the current experience? It's useless to me
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. the game would quit itself and i would get the notification from my mac that the game quit unexpectedly. i contacted ea couple of times, first was to make a new user in my mac or something but it didn't work. 2nd was to restart my laptop in a safe mode or something, but i'm not sure how that worked because I can't play the game on the safe mode, and when I got back to the normal mode it still crashes
How is this making it more difficult? because it crashes in the first 50 seconds.
How can we reproduce this experience? ?

the game would quit itself and i would get the notification from my mac that the game quit unexpectedly. i contacted ea couple of times, first was to make a new user in my mac or something but it didn't work. 2nd was to restart my laptop in a safe mode or something, but i'm not sure how that worked because I can't play the game on the safe mode, and when I got back to the normal mode it still crashes. super annoying and can't even play. the only difference is that when playing a new city, I could probably play for a longer time, but after being able to rename the city, game would quit.

Message 1 of 2 (323 Views)

Re: Sim city crash

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Sounds like the Mac problem that started with the High Sierra update. There is a long post here about users experiencing the same issues. This post from @EA_Mage says they are working on it, but it's been quite a while since that was posted, with no updates since. If you read through all the posts, there are a few other suggestions, all with limited success (lower settings to low/minimum resolution, turn off automatic graphics switching, run in virtual machine, increase memory, use external monitor, use gfxCardStatus utility to force use of non-Intel GPU) but basically EA is "working on it" and no estimate on when it will be fixed.

Please add your details and subscribe to the Simcity Crash OSX 10.13 thread Hopefully, there will be some word from them.

Message 2 of 2 (286 Views)