Re: Sim City product code not working on new computer

by zlrubin2000

Original Post

Sim City product code not working on new computer

★★★ Newbie

We are trying to load Sim City on a newly purchased computer to replace an old one and cannot load Sim City.  Message says "This code has already been used" which we know but we want it on the new computer.  We are loggin into Origin when we get this message.

Message 1 of 7 (825 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You have duplicated accounts, and the one you are trying to use is the wrong one.  You must use exactly the one that the game was registered to.

Message 2 of 7 (809 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Once the game has been installed (on any computer), the game code and/or disc are never used again. All game access and maintenance is handled from the SimCity entry in the Origin client My Games Library of the account you originally redeemed the game code from now on.

Install the Origin client on the target computer.  http://www.origin.com/download

Do not register a new account. Log on with the same username (email) and password you used on the first install (your SimCity account).

Download the game from the SimCity entry in the My Games Library. Make sure you choose the correct "Platform" on that page (up top)

This also works for installing SimCity on multiple computers, both PC and/or Mac, although only one instance of the game can be active on a single SimCity account at a time.

Message 3 of 7 (803 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I tried both user accounts I could have possibly had and nothing works.

Anyway to find out user account with product code.  The old computer is dead and no way to try to find out what user names are saved.

any thoughts?

Message 4 of 7 (787 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Game Advisers can do it, but they aren't in here.  This is Answer HQ where you are now.

For any account maintenance, persona assistance or code related queries, contact our Games Advisers using the new Help Center.

Message 5 of 7 (784 Views)

Community Manager

@zlrubin2000 Hi, I see that you have contacted support. However, since resolving this would require verificiation, your best bet would be to start a live contact using the steps below.

https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center#contact

Also, having an image of the code to hand will be helpful in recovering your account.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 7 (777 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Alright how about this you ask the seller why and how or whatever or if you bought it online just ask them and get your money back although I have the same problem still don't know how to fix it?

Message 7 of 7 (565 Views)