Sim City complete edition fails to launch

by choyer22

Original Post

Sim City complete edition fails to launch

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I hope someone can help me out with this.. I've been having the same problem since I bought the game online... Haven't been able to play yet

I log in to origin with no trouble, select the sim city game and I get the intro and all that fancy video stuff... however, when ?i get to the "GET STARTED" PAGE.  it doesn't respond to my clicks... and I have to shut down the game to exit the screen...

What am I doing wrong?    any sugestions??

Message 1 of 2 (464 Views)

Re: Sim City complete edition fails to launch

Hero (Retired)

Hi @choyer22 - are you trying to play SimCity on a Mac or PC? What's your OS version?

If MacOS Catalina, Apple dropped support for 32-bit games like SimCity, beginning with MacOS Catalina 10.15. There is more information in this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/Mac-SimCity-and-MacOS-Catalina/m-p/8298578#M127940 , including some options for running 32-bit games after upgrading to Catalina. 

If MacOS Mojave, your display might have an issue with the cursor display being off from where the cursor is exactly. Check out this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/Mac-Mojave-Cursor-amp-Display-Resolution-Problems/m-p/7839105...

If on PC, it's almost always something blocking the program from running. Try the steps below to see if you can identify the problem:

Always run installation files "As Administrator"
Firewall and Antivirus - Make sure SimCity.exe and Origin.exe are added to exception lists. If you have BitDefender installed, disable it. Disable Controlled Folder Access Enable or Disable Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10 | Tutorials
Graphics drivers and OS are patched and updated to newest versions
SimCity.exe and Origin.exe - Set them to run "as administrator"
Nahimic 2 from MSI - this is an audio management program that comes with MSI motherboards. Disable or uninstall it. Nahimic 2 is known to cause this issue.
Disable Origin in-game In Origin main menu, right-click SimCity icon, Game Properties, check the box that says "Disable Origin In-game"
Run in Windows 7 or 8 compatibility mode - right-click SimCity shortcut; choose Properties > Compatibility tab > Check the box to run in Win 7 or 8 compatibility mode

Definitely post back and let us know whether something worked. If it still won't run, reply back with any error messages you're getting and attach a dxdiag report

Happy Building!

Message 2 of 2 (416 Views)