Re: Sim City complete edition download issue

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Sim City complete edition download issue

★★★ Newbie

I wanted to reminisce a little bit, always loved the games, so ordered this one.

When installed onto Orgin from Amazon Marketplace with a code I continue to have issues so that I cannot play. I ordered Sim City Complete Edition. 

The most consistent one is now "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

I have re-installed, I have tried to repair.

Any help to fix this issues would be great!!

Message 1 of 2 (361 Views)

Re: Sim City complete edition download issue

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi @yellowxdaffodil - This error usually means something prevented the Visual C++ package from installing. It's been a while, but I think I had this error initially when I installed on Windows 10.

SimCity install includes the VC++ installation package it needs. Default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\__Installer\vc\vc2008sp1MFCUpdate\redist Quickest thing to try would be to go to the install folder, right-click the vcredist_x86.exe file and choose to "Run As Administrator". Let it run through the installer, then try SimCity again.

If that doesn't work, try installing this Visual C++ package:http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784 You can install both (vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_x86.exe) if your operating system is 64-bit or just vcredist_x86.exe if your operating system is 32-bit.

I would suggest doing an uninstall of Origin and SimCity first, then install the packages, then reinstall Origin and SimCity - run all installs "As Administrator" and set your icons to always run Origin and SimCity "As Administrator". 

Let us know how it goes - Happy Building!

Message 2 of 2 (344 Views)