Re: Sim CIty Mouse Pointer Disappearing

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Sim CIty Mouse Pointer Disappearing

★★★ Newbie

When you roll over the graph that shows you the percentage of the amount of poor/rich people in your city, my pointer disappears. The only way to get it back is to restart simcity. This has not happened before, only since update 4.0.

Message 1 of 7 (13,094 Views)

★★★ Novice

Glad you brought this up. It does'nt happen to me that often but it does. Usually when I click on the population or budget panel then it goes hay-wire for a minute. Just disapears, yet im sill able to click on buildings and move the map with my mouse. Just no cursor.

Message 2 of 7 (13,055 Views)

★ Pro

Can you try press the left, right and middle mouse buttons simultaneously and see if that resolves it for now?

Message 3 of 7 (13,046 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought the game yesterday and it still have this problem, what can i do? i tried this, but the cursor didn't showed up

Message 4 of 7 (11,699 Views)

★ Apprentice

A little late, but to fix it esc out of the population screen and right click your mouse and the cursor should return. sad that this problem has been around since 2013 and still has yet to be fixed... welcome to EA gaming.

Message 5 of 7 (10,839 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have same problem, I wanted to buy it, but for beginning I was thinking to try it for 4 hours. 

My mouse dissapears suddenly. and if I want to but game down ( ctrl+esc )  all game crahes, and I need to press shut down button to get out there.

Message 6 of 7 (8,133 Views)

Hero (Retired)

The workaround, if this happens, is to right-click anywhere on the screen and the cursor will come back. To fix, go into your mouse cursor settings and set to default settings. It most often happens if you have mouse trails enabled, but different mouse themes can sometimes make it occur, too.

I had this happen to me a few months back, which was strange, since I think they fixed it. I didn't have any changes in my mouse settings, but I changed to a theme and then changed back to default, rebooted my computer, and haven't had the problem any more. You could try a "repair game" if it keeps happening. (right-click on the SimCity icon in Origin, choose Repair Game)

Message 7 of 7 (8,115 Views)