Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

SIMCITY DEVS TO INFORM USERS

by Joel620

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SIMCITY DEVS TO INFORM USERS

★★★★ Novice
I have a request for the developers and that is to please give us some insight as to what they are currently working on for the next patch release. I don't appreciate being left in the dark about if and when I'll be able to play what I paid good money for. It's bad enough this game was released before it was ready to but it would take a lot of frustration off me to have an update or preview of what is in the works. Is that asking for too much?? There definitely needs to be more ongoing and consistent feedback from the DEVS. Who's with me??
Message 1 of 38 (369 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SIMCITY DEVS TO INFORM USERS

EA Sims Team

I have spoken with some players on the EA forums and I am working on putting together weekly updates which I will post on the EA forums and here on AHQ letting you know what we are working on. I'm out of office from 8th June to 16th June but I'll try to make sure an update still goes out.

View in thread

Message 36 of 38 (87 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

I've been asking the same for quite a while; from what I have learned:

The developers are constantly working on updates and patches. Most of them, they try out theirselves, so it doesn't mess-up the test server. When it works for them, there is usually no time for long-time testing at the Test-server, because they want to speed up the patching.

Sometimes things are being tested, such as Leaderboards and Traffic, but for now, it's unknown.

Message 2 of 38 (358 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

they are working on a BS amusement park DLC that they expect us to pay for.  WHAT A JOKE!

Message 3 of 38 (355 Views)

★ Apprentice

An amusement park requires a lot of graphical design, implementation etc.. Whilst most of the problems / bugs we are experiencing, require some hardcore programming. Be asured that they have people working on the patches / bug-fixing as well, and that it is also highly prioritized.

Message 4 of 38 (352 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

are you kidding me?  let me give you a bit of insight.  if my car is making noises from the engine, the brakes are squeeling, etc i dont go out and buy a brand new stereo.  i FIX the issues i have.  it is absolutely ABSURD (yep caps) to elease a PAYED for DLC right now!  this will only create MORE issues.  how is that a hard concept.  more content = more bugs.  thats pretty simple i think, or have i lost my marbles?  anyone!?!?!

Message 5 of 38 (349 Views)

★★★★ Novice
My point exactly...give us a list of what you're working on so we can offer feedback accordingly. If I'm interested in a grande coffee frappuccino with whip, DON'T offer me a venti peppermint tea. Give us what we paid for! You can believe they won't sucker another dime out of me for any new content, expansion or feature.
Message 6 of 38 (334 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm an architect and in my line of work when I deliver a project to my client, this must be completed and absent of errors. By having this game released Electronic Arts and Maxis have shown they are not professionals, incompetent because we are already reaching three months since the game was released and after 4 patches nothing has changed...and last but not least... lack of respect to customers by not giving us any information.

Message 7 of 38 (326 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

In almost any other industry anywhere it would be considered a CRIME! This has been straight out misrepresentation of the product.  as we all now know they LIED about GlassBox...plain and simple.  they lied about servers taking the load, etc.  and now instead of trying to fix the game they are offering a DLC to be released on tuesday.  at some point someone is going to have to take a stand, stop posting on the forums and get legal.  The only possible purpose i see for releasing DLC at this point is that the projects funding has been cut and now they need to create content to sell so they can pay the (apparently) one or two people they must have working to fix the shambles that is a franchise i once loved!

and to the mods that want to give me crap for my use of CAPS....BITE ME!  I have sat silently being patient long enough.  BUGGED TRAFFIC, CRAPPY ROUTING OF ALL CITY SERVICE VEHICLES, SERVER LAG FOR MULTI PLAYER, GREAT WORKS SHOULD BE CALLED "GREAT DONT WORK"...

WHAT A TRAVESTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  AND A CRIME!

Message 8 of 38 (316 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

and to you clevertonlara  thanks for being the first "Lookout" ive seen not kissing EA/Maxis...weell you know!

Message 9 of 38 (312 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yes, it must be nice to hide behind the walls and computer screens of their big corporation since we don't go to their actual place of business to purchase this crap they're selling us...because I can bet most of us wouldn't have much to complain about then. They don't have to deal face to face with the general public and chumps like me who bought their faulty and falsely advertised product. So, chances are good that we'd get a 'finished' product if we bought directly from them. Is there no honor EA/MAXIS? Shame on you (cowards)...and the only two developers you have working there.
Btw, are they actually putting a price tag on that DLC Tuesday?
Message 10 of 38 (310 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help