Re: Resetting Sim City

by Markus1954

Original Post

Resetting Sim City

★ Novice

Hi,

On occasion I like to set the game back to the beginning. I do this to try new things in the game. When I had the game before  this time there was a file that I could go to and delete. There seems to be some changes to this version I have now. I cannot find the file that I used to delete. Does anybody know how I can do this?

I found a file called s0. It was just a folder empty. I deleted that and it did nothing.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5 (680 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Markus1954 If you're playing online, in order to restart you'll just have to start a new region or city. Progress is saved on the servers; there's no way to "restart" a city and set it back to the beginning. Just abandon the cities you're playing, begin again on the server with the same region. You can go into settings and reset the tutorials if you'd like to start those over.

In playing offline, you can do the same thing or if you have no desire to ever see the cities you've been playing, you can delete the folder that holds all your saved game files. The default location for offline game files is \\"WindowsUserName"\Documents\SimCity\Games. Leave the Games folder, but delete everything in it and your previous games will be gone. 

If you're playing SimCity 2013, the easiest way to do it regardless is just start a new region and cities, resetting the tutorials to begin anew.  If you're playing with friends online and don't want to move from the region, your only option is to bulldoze everything to start over. This will, of course, not reset simoleans or help to clean up from any disasters, but will enable you to continue playing in a multiplayer region. (The reason you can't reset online is precisely because of the effect it would have on the other players' cities.)

Message 2 of 5 (653 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the help. I just tried it and it works! I tried getting the nitwits in support to do this 3 times and they could not tell me what I wanted to know. Again thank you for your help.

Message 3 of 5 (642 Views)

★ Novice

By the way I play offline only,

Message 4 of 5 (639 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Glad that I could help. Happy building!
Message 5 of 5 (611 Views)