Region Not Sharing Resources / Status Checks between cities

by skrooth

Original Post

Re: Commuting broken?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

you can have em travel by car but you will have to upgrade your roads to higher density its not worth it 

causes to much traffic  and there is alrdy a traffic bug  i notice from 34hrs of game play 

Message 20 of 349 (1,805 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think you're one of the lucky ones, Waste.  My game is definately bugged.  None of this works for me.

Message 21 of 349 (1,794 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Seems to be a regional sync issue. Started a 3rd city and it doesn't recognize any City Hall upgrades from the others (2+ hours in so not a 10-30 minute wait problem). I also have Med+ Density roads and no connection. Have tried relogging several times in an attempt to force sync but still no luck. Also gifting $ isn't working. Sent some from an established city, money was taken out, and continued to play till the regional wall popup stated it'd been sent. Been sitting in city 3 for over an hour and the money hasn't arrived.

Message 22 of 349 (1,765 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yea, i've played 2 cities for several hours and it doesn't work. It worked yesterday before the patch.

Message 23 of 349 (1,762 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

o it works just give it time today i started a new region cause the one i joined in lost the players so i left and made a new one 

with in that i made three cities to my self and wanted to recreate that video on how the dude makes a city and some how makes another one with a coal factory and a few industrials and has his city start commuting to find work 

and it took me four hrs and this is no joke four hrs to get it right 

after taking out bond loans on one of my industrial cities and caped out all loans i got it to work 

i supply power to my residential city and remove its crap while the other industrial city removes garbage and plastics 

if you dont see city buildings when you go into region view 

it means the server didnt sync your other cities for you to claim much of anything 

hence why i say to play all the cities you have in your grasp for a while 

once you see that over the horizon you see buildings that means your able to claim any services you like 

but if you just see plain land and a single road you aint doing it right 

Message 24 of 349 (1,759 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I created city #3 yesterday before the patch. That might be what's causing the issue. I'm going to start a 4th city to test it.

Message 25 of 349 (1,754 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Waste - That's great news that these things do work sometimes, but please believe people when they say that they were not working for them.  I probably played for 8 hours with three neighboring cities today and the inter-city functions weren't working at all.  I had one city with 100k+ people and another with 50k+, and no commuters or shoppers or anything between them.  Too many other things weren't working to even begin to list, in the game and in the menus.  I'm sure it will work properly when the server issues are resolved.

Message 26 of 349 (1,741 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

well i havent been able to get in the game since the patch but 

i know it works if you give each of your cities 30 mins each of game play 

as it takes 15 mins to refresh on to the server *such as leaderboards and region global scores*

so giving 30 mins or so will make dramatic changes 

only three cities can interconnect with each other as a power house

making a 4th city will be to far for one or more of the cities to share services 

Message 27 of 349 (1,738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

ok well i do have proof that i am able to make these services work as i did record my game play and bugs to report as a physical evidence that i have issues and can make a work around them 

but what some ppl are not getting is that if you want your sims to find a job make sure that city your in 

has no jobs just plop residential and no commercial zone or industrials 

i know you will be in debt for the mean time 

but once you see and i know this may be a quick display 

but on the top you should see a msg saying sims are commuting to other cities for business *which in lames terms means jobs and shopping or what not*

EDITED 

so catch is make one city all residential 

start a new city make industrial and power 

city three make commercial and industrial with a bit of residential to balance the debt between cities

play each for 30 mins and once you see buildings grow from each city you know your region is working and able to share services 

i know its a bit to much work and time wasted but trust me it works 34hrs of game play and i got to see a good 500k+ sims populated 

Message 28 of 349 (1,733 Views)

★★★ Novice

Waste.  It doesn't work, man, it doesn't work.

Message 29 of 349 (1,727 Views)