Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Ref Error #10048

by Upem

Original Post

Ref Error #10048

★★★ Newbie

I cant Buy simcity every time i try this is what comes up 

We're unable to process your payment right now. Use a different payment method or try again later. [ref. #10048]

Message 1 of 5 (46,504 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I have beeb trying to purchase Cities of Tomorrow via Origin, and went  to customer serviice *joke that is*. I was told that the site was busy and slow and there were techicnical problems an to try later. I have been trying now for 6 days to no avail.. After I signed out out I received an emai that my ticket was closed and my problem had been sorted. So I guess I wont be buying it.

Message 2 of 5 (46,072 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue here, i am using a prepaid debit card and was unable to purchace battlefield 4. Sadly the customer care guy Raphael was said to try again later and which i told him that was again trying after a day. He hung up the chat Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 3 of 5 (40,418 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If you are using prepaid vanilla mastercards, there could be an issue. I got off the phone with a mastercard advisor and they said if Origin is using a third-party program, it is restricted

Message 4 of 5 (17,494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

had this issue today and omg it was the biggest headache ever. the origin support chat person had me try 3 different cards on 3 different browsers and the origin app after clearing my cache on all of them. nothing worked. finally they asked someone for help and then asked me if i have a VPN turned on. i did so i turned it off and it worked right away. idk why that wasn't one of the first things they asked me... anyways if you have a VPN just turn it off lol it will work. horrendously annoying but oh well.

Message 5 of 5 (369 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help