Re: Change origin from 32 bit to 64 bit!

by PliqueM

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Late comer here. just purchased a new laptop here are the specs:

VIDEO CARD: GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Features: attributes of your Video Card
Pixel Shader: 5.1
Vertex Shader: 5.1
Dedicated Video RAM: 6.0 GB
Latest Graphic Cards
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
CPU SPEED: 5GHz
RAM: 16 GB
FREE DISK SPACE: 381GB
SOUND CARD: Intel(R) Display Audio

I have not found a way to get my origin not the games to load and or gun on a 64 bit system.

is that possible?

if this question has been answered please forgive me and point me to that post.

the games i want to start with is:

the sims

sims city 

Message 1 of 9 (2,191 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

Hi @PliqueM - 

When SimCity won't launch, or launches and hangs, it's almost always something blocking the program from running. Try the steps below to see if you can identify the problem:

Firewall and Antivirus - Make sure SimCity.exe and Origin.exe are added to exception lists. If you have BitDefender installed, disable it.
Graphics drivers and OS are patched and updated to newest versions
SimCity.exe and Origin.exe - Set them to run "As Administrator"
Nahimic 2 from MSI - this is an audio management program that comes with MSI motherboards. Disable or uninstall it. Nahimic 2 is known to cause this issue.
Disable Origin in-game In Origin main menu, right-click SimCity icon, Game Properties, check the box that says "Disable Origin In-game"
Run in Windows 7 or 8 compatibility mode - right-click SimCity shortcut; choose Properties > Compatibility tab > Check the box to run in Win 7 or 8 compatibility mode

If it still won't run, reply back with any error messages you're getting and attach a dxdiag report

Happy Building!

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (2,094 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
@PliqueM FYI my email is [edit: email address removed]
Message 2 of 9 (2,188 Views)

@PliqueM  Origin runs just fine in Windows 10 64-bit without any adjustments necessary, at least most of the time.  Are you seeing a particular error?  If there's something about MSVCP140.dll or VCRUNTIME140.dll, you need to install both the x64 and x86 versions of the VC++ 2015 redistributables.  Here's a more thorough description:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/ERROR-MSVCP140-dll-SETTING-UP-ORIGIN-ON-WINDOW...

If that's not the issue, please post a screenshot of any error you see, or at least a description of what happens when you try to run Origin.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 9 (2,160 Views)

★★ Novice

tried that...it did not work....

her is what happens

sign into Origin - my game Library - Simcity Complete edition(New)-Play - Game opens  normal to this point - hit green arrow - Music plays like it is loading but there is no video and no game

Message 4 of 9 (2,143 Views)

★★ Novice
@PliqueM it still reads that it is 32 bit when i go into task manager to close out the game. both origin and simcity
Message 5 of 9 (2,139 Views)

@PliqueM  If you can sign into Origin, then Origin probably isn't the issue.  As stated earlier in the thread where you posted, Origin is a 32-bit app, but that doesn't stop it from running fine in most 64-bit OSs, including Windows 10.  I believe SimCity is a 32-bit app as well.  Seeing either one listed in the Task Manager as 32-bit isn't a problem to be solved; it's an indication of how each one is programmed, and it can't be changed by the user.

Since it sounds like Origin is running fine for you, but SimCity isn't, I've moved your posts to the SimCity forum.  You'll get better help for that game here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 9 (2,126 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @PliqueM - 

When SimCity won't launch, or launches and hangs, it's almost always something blocking the program from running. Try the steps below to see if you can identify the problem:

Firewall and Antivirus - Make sure SimCity.exe and Origin.exe are added to exception lists. If you have BitDefender installed, disable it.
Graphics drivers and OS are patched and updated to newest versions
SimCity.exe and Origin.exe - Set them to run "As Administrator"
Nahimic 2 from MSI - this is an audio management program that comes with MSI motherboards. Disable or uninstall it. Nahimic 2 is known to cause this issue.
Disable Origin in-game In Origin main menu, right-click SimCity icon, Game Properties, check the box that says "Disable Origin In-game"
Run in Windows 7 or 8 compatibility mode - right-click SimCity shortcut; choose Properties > Compatibility tab > Check the box to run in Win 7 or 8 compatibility mode

If it still won't run, reply back with any error messages you're getting and attach a dxdiag report

Happy Building!

Message 7 of 9 (2,095 Views)

★★ Novice

BIG THANKS i am now up and running...now when my wife's laptop arrives she will have instant access

Message 8 of 9 (2,051 Views)

Hero (Retired)

So glad to hear! Happy building!

Message 9 of 9 (2,044 Views)