Profile picture doesn't show in Multiplayer mode

by zubiila

Original Post

Profile picture doesn't show in Multiplayer mode

★★★ Novice

Dear all

I have an issue with my profile picture in game. Whenever I'm in multiplayer mode my Origins profile picture isn't visible. I have looked around for a solution but I can't seem to find one. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Further information:

My profile picture is visible during single player mode

My profile picture is visible in the other games I play, both offline and online (f.x. The Sims 4 in-game online Community)

My profile picture is stored on my computer

The picture is 81.6 KB (might be smaller since I cropped it when I uploaded it)

I have had the same profile picture for over a year

I have tried re-uploading the picture

My profile picture has never been visible in Multiplayer Mode in SimCity, aka it's not a new problem

Message 1 of 2 (692 Views)

Re: Profile picture doesn't show in Multiplayer mode

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi @zubiila -

I have run into this issue as well. In searching for an answer, I have found there are other games where this is also an issue. The only other thing not mentioned in your post would be to check your avatar on your Origin account: https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/aboutme/index I had to set my profile privacy to make my account games and achievements visible to "all" before my avatar would show up. However, if yours is showing in the TS4 gallery, that is probably configured correctly. 

It used to synchronize from your Origin account, although it could take some time to do so. I have heard that it only updates when the game server is updated, which would make sense here because SimCity is no longer actively developed and therefore there have been no server updates. However, that doesn't really explain some of the other active games with the same issue. I suspect that an Origin or account update changed this in the past and it's just never been fixed, but I can't be sure.

If you do manage to get your avatar to show online, please let us know how you did it. In the meantime, I'll ask around some more and see if I can get any more traction on the issue. 

Message 2 of 2 (655 Views)