Re: Physically lost my product key, can I get a new one?

by Scott_One

Original Post

Physically lost my product key, can I get a new one?

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I've lost the paper on which my product key for my brand spanking new edition of Sim City 5 was. The game is only three weeks old, and it'd be sad if I couldn't play it because of this. Is it possible for me to get a new one, if so, how? I can of course prove that I own the game, through pictures of me holding it or anything like that.

All the best,
Vincent

Message 1 of 20 (7,841 Views)

★ Pro

:robotlol:

How the hell did you lose the product key?  Did you use it as toilet paper?  Check the "S" bend?

The only hope you have is that you show the receipt at the shop you bought it from and see if they keep the product key for purchases on record.

Otherwise you need to pay for your mistakes in life.

Message 2 of 20 (7,767 Views)

★ Guide

You'll have to actually get in touch with EA customer support (either by phone or by chat), and be very polite about it.  This forum is mainly for SimCity players to help each other out.  Actual EA staff rarely respond here.

Message 3 of 20 (7,757 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I get where the OP is coming from. The code is on the back of the black and white, folded installation guide, which looks even less useful than the other crap flyers that come with the product. Stuff like that gets fired into the trash pretty quick. A code sticker on the case would make more sense. ( I taped one to mine).

3 weeks, too bad. It's probably in a landfill by now.

Message 4 of 20 (7,750 Views)

★ Pro

@dddibley wrote:

I get where the OP is coming from. The code is on the back of the black and white, folded installation guide, which looks even less useful than the other crap flyers that come with the product. Stuff like that gets fired into the trash pretty quick. A code sticker on the case would make more sense. ( I taped one to mine).

3 weeks, too bad. It's probably in a landfill by now.

Wouldn't that be the first thing you look for before chucking **bleep**? LOL

Message 5 of 20 (7,746 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Well yes, and then you tape it to the case. Just saying it would be easy to do.

Message 6 of 20 (7,742 Views)

★★ Guide

Did you not redeem the code (install the game/use the code on Origin) before you lost it?

3 weeks is a long time to not install a brand new game Standard smile

If you did install the game then your code is already assigned to your Origin account and you can find your code in Origin although you don't need it once you have redeemed it against your account.

Message 7 of 20 (7,731 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Why would you throw away paper from your game box without reading it?  What kind of a ramshackle life do you lead?

Message 8 of 20 (7,718 Views)

★ Guide

After you redeem the code, it can't ever be used again, so it doesn't matter...

Message 9 of 20 (7,710 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me too i left the game in my pc and lef the case with the code in it in my room and now i cant find it, the e-mail is so old it was deleted,i had the $60 limited edition version, one year later i made a new origin account due to singleplayer being implemented and i cant play it so now its a waste of $60

Message 10 of 20 (6,692 Views)