Re: Physical disc won't install

by Player_tvamdpgu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Physical disc won't install

★★★ Novice
I bought the physical copy of Sim City Limited Edition. When I run the launcher and click on the install button it goes away and does nothing. I have tried running as administrator as well. I have tried several times now.
Message 1 of 4 (1,274 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice

You don't need the physical medium at all. Download and install Origin (the disc would do this for you, but in your case, you need to download it from the inernet). If you don't have an origin account already, make one. If you do, sigh in. Click the Origin menu (normally where File menu would be.) Click Redeem product code. Enter your Simcity serial number. Once you have entered the number correctly, Simcity will appear in your "My Games" section and you can download it from there.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,520 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

You don't need the physical medium at all. Download and install Origin (the disc would do this for you, but in your case, you need to download it from the inernet). If you don't have an origin account already, make one. If you do, sigh in. Click the Origin menu (normally where File menu would be.) Click Redeem product code. Enter your Simcity serial number. Once you have entered the number correctly, Simcity will appear in your "My Games" section and you can download it from there.

Message 2 of 4 (1,521 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem. The thing is, I bought the game on a physical disc precisely because my Internet connection is pretty slow so it will take a long time to download! Is there another solution?
Message 3 of 4 (1,203 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nope. 

Origin website will not accept the code on my box as valid. 

The site makes it appear that there is no offline option to play without an internet connection anyway, which is why I went with a physical copy in the first place.  More money wasted on useless * from EA. 

Last time I'll let this happen.

Message 4 of 4 (558 Views)