Online download without original DVD

by danielgursky

Original Post

Online download without original DVD

★★★ Newbie

My laptom have not DVD-ROM, but I have original DVD with activation code. How can I download game online withou DVD? 

Message 1 of 2 (510 Views)

Re: Online download without original DVD

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi @danielgursky - If the activation code has never been used before, you can enter it in the Origin client. 

Log in to Origin > Choose "Origin" menu > Choose "Redeem Product Code" > Enter the Product Code > Next > Download and Install SimCity

Game codes are one time use and bind the game to the account that registered it. If you have ever registered the game, you only need to log into the account to which you registered it. It will appear in Origin under My Game Library, so all you have to do is download and install it. If you bought this game new, played it a few years ago & now can't find it, it's probably registered to an old email / account. Follow the tips for finding it HERE, under the heading "I've had my games for a while".

If you got the CD used and it won't register, then the code was probably used by someone else in the past. The only thing you can do is to return it and explain that you can't use it. 

Happy Building!

Message 2 of 2 (491 Views)