No Avatar Pic Simcity MultiPlayer Mode

by pixelthegal

Original Post

No Avatar Pic Simcity MultiPlayer Mode

★★★ Newbie

HI. I Just Bought The Game 2 Month Ago And At First I Can Change My Avatar pic In Simcity And It Showed In Singleplayer And Multiplayer. However After that I Changed The Pic Twice And Now It Just Doesnt Wanna Show up I Just Wanna Show up in SinglePlayer Mode But On MultiPlayer Mode It Just A Blue Default Simcity Avatar I Tried To Fix It Like Reinstalling The Game. Check Origin Update. Fix The Game. EVEN REINSTALLING MY WHOLE LAPTOP ! . But Still Doesnt Wanna Work Is Anyone Know How to fix it ? My Origin Account Is ImNotSerena

Message 1 of 4 (2,254 Views)

Re: No Avatar Pic Simcity MultiPlayer Mode

Hero (Retired)

Hi @pixelthegal - If I understand your problem correctly, your new profile picture shows up when you're in single player mode, but doesn't show up in multiplayer mode? My guess is that there is something stopping the upload to the server on the new picture. It might be too large, and is timing out. In single player mode, you're pulling from your computer hard drive. In multiplayer mode, you're supposed to be uploading it to EA's servers, which will then display it from there.

Try using a different format, like jpeg or png, or cropping the photo to a different size or resolution. You could try using a different picture, to see if there's any problem with the one you're attempting to use now.

I don't have any other ideas, maybe @EA_Mai could help us out?

Message 2 of 4 (2,221 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem even when using the "default" icons from the menu of origin.

Message 3 of 4 (1,463 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @The_Kage_Shi - Yes, it's definitely an issue with SimCity. The only explanation that I have heard that makes sense is that the avatars only update when the game is patched, and since SimCity is a legacy game and they're no longer issuing patches, it never gets updated. I don't know if that's for certain, but it does make a little sense.

You should check to make sure your avatar choice is visible on your EA profile. Log into EA.com; choose the same avatar by clicking on the picture in the "About Me" section: https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/aboutme/index Then, make sure that under the Privacy Settings portion, you choose to share your profile with "Everyone"

The changes can take a while; if you don't see your avatar even with these settings in place then I think it's just no longer possible. If you find something that works, please share with the forum. Been looking for a good answer on this one for a long time Standard smile 

Message 4 of 4 (1,454 Views)