New August 2018 Error 1001

by yelsmirgd

Original Post

New August 2018 Error 1001

★ Novice

Hi Guys i have been playing SimCity for a while and never had and issue until today. tried to run it and i get the famous 1001 32 bit colour message. i have updated nothing installed nothing new and this now happens.

now when i say i have tried everything i have tried everything i can read on these forums from way back in 2013 till april 2018 

anyone else had this issue all of a sudden. 

i have turned off in game origin

updated and rolled back graphics

copied files from from my friend 

checked windows settings (colour settings)

set origin and simcity to compatibility mode

clean boot

unistalled both origin and simcity about 10 times 

i am running Geforce GTX 970M 399.07 drivers

i7-5700HQ CPU 2.70GHz

16GB ram

any help would be greatly appreciated 

Message 1 of 2 (495 Views)

Re: New August 2018 Error 1001

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

This error is very weird and frustrating. It seems you've tried a lot of troubleshooting on your own; I wish I had a definitive answer for you. There are a couple more things to try if you haven't already:

• If you have any mods installed, remove them
  • Set Origin.exe and SimCity.exe to "Run as Administrator" 
  • Right click SimCity shortcut, choose compatibility tab - run in reduced color mode
  • Compatibility tab - Check the box for "Override high DPI scaling behavior" Choose Scaling performed by Application.
  • If you have the MSI sound program Nahimic 2 installed, uninstall or disable it
  • Double-check that Origin.exe and SimCity.exe are in the antivirus and firewall exception lists
  • Right-click SimCity icon in Origin and choose the option to Repair Game
  • Run SimCityRecovery.exe "as Administrator" - Use the exe, not any menu shortcuts. Default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityRecovery
  • Make sure SimCity is closed, then delete SimCityUserData folder. Default location C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData It will recreate when you run the game again. 

I notice a lot of the error 1001 reports seem to be with laptops; I don't know if that's relevant or not, but might give you a direction to look for troubleshooting? If you still can't get it running, let us know your OS (Windows 8/10?). 

Message 2 of 2 (473 Views)