Re: Multiplayer region not loading

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Multiplayer region not loading

★ Apprentice

Hi there,

Basically all the cities in this multiplayer region aren't loading, and I don't know why, but I hope there is a fix! Frown It seems to be a bug as I can claim unclaimed plots but I can't load into any of them. It says "Unable to load this city at this time. Please try again." 

Message 1 of 2 (833 Views)

Re: Multiplayer region not loading

Hero (Retired)

Darn it! I know how hard you've worked to get SimCity running again and now to find your region corrupted is awful. 

This error is usually one of two things - the information on your computer doesn't match what the server has, or the server data itself is corrupted. If it's the first one, we might be able to fix it. But if it's the server data, there's just nothing we can do. 

Just in case someone else finds this thread in the future, I believe you are running SimCity on an external drive, running MacOS Mojave. 

Try fixing it, log out of SimCity. Right-click on SimCity.app and remove all the files in SimCityUserData/EcoGame and SimCityUserData/WebStorage/LocalStorage Then launch SimCity again and see if you can load a claimed city in the region. 

If there's a city that you can load, try loading the others through the region view. Sometimes people have more luck through the region view than through the main Load menu. 

After all this time, I really hope you can retrieve your old region & cities Fingers crossed

Message 2 of 2 (803 Views)