May I have the patch of Simcity?

by pooh00110

Original Post

Re: May I have the patch of Simcity?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

The best way to handle traffic jams and regional traffic issues is to place your zoning and ploppable buildings to encourage as many Sims as possible to walk instead of driving. Also, removing the bus stops like I explained in the last post. Lastly, you will need to watch your roads and avenues during rush hours to see where the jams happen the most. Try not to have 4 way stops anywhere. Make L-shaped or T-shaped intersections, which will help with traffic flow.

There is so much involved in transportation, there is no one answer. Solving these problems are kind of what the game is all about. I learned a lot by watching Skye Storme videos on Youtube. You should watch his 60 second tips, especially Improving Highway Connections and Traffic Problems and Junction Spacing

He made a full series for the base game when it first launched: Skye Storme Let's Play SimCity. Even if you don't watch the whole series, check out the first few on building a "cash cow" city. If you have the Cities of Tomorrow expansion, Skye's Ultimate SimCity has a ton of information and tips. Most of the info in these videos are still relevant, but if you choose to follow along, watch through one or two videos to see the problems that come up, then how he solves them, before putting in the time to replicate it all and have to demolish again.

Hope this helps - Happy Building!

Message 11 of 13 (434 Views)

★★★ Novice

The problem of Great Work is solved, the resources start to transport, thank you for guiding.

The pattern of trading Simcity let the learn about Economics, simulation is a contribution. So I think the public transport should be more realistic.

Message 12 of 13 (417 Views)

Hero (Retired)

So glad to hear that your resources are being transferred and you are building your GW. Congratulations!

I agree, it would be nice if public transportation worked more realistically. Or even if it actually worked the way they say it is supposed to work. Unfortunately, the underlying programming does not support this, so we just have to work within the confines of the game. 

Happy Building!

Message 13 of 13 (405 Views)