by pooh00110

Original Post

May I have the patch of Simcity?

★★★ Novice

Does the patch of Simcity still exist?

Message 1 of 13 (1,142 Views)

Re: May I have the patch of Simcity?

Hero (Retired)

@pooh00110 When you download and install SimCity, it is already updated with all patches. The game is no longer actively supported, and will have no further patching. 

Are you having difficulty getting SimCity to run?

Message 2 of 13 (1,126 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I found that the passengers of bus and tram always go between two stops. And the goods don't go to the Great Work. I have all the Recycling center Trading station, both are operating and there are arrows from my city to great work. But the count don't record me transport goods. Also, some student go to school in other city, but other city don't have region students.

Message 3 of 13 (1,122 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@pooh00110 wrote:

I found that the passengers of bus and tram always go between two stops. And the goods don't go to the Great Work. I have all the Recycling center Trading station, both are operating and there are arrows from my city to great work. But the count don't record me transport goods. Also, some student go to school in other city, but other city don't have region students.

The problems you are having seem to point to an issue with transportation. Transportation in general can be a really difficult thing to get under control, due to a number of things: design of the streets, types of transportation you're using, and there are definitely some programming issues with the game that were never resolved, especially with the regional interactions.

Without knowing exactly how your city is set up, it's going to be nearly impossible for me to say how to fix the issues, but I can give you some tips so you can hopefully figure it out.

@pooh00110 wrote:

I found that the passengers of bus and tram always go between two stops. 

The easiest way to solve the issue you're having is to demolish the stops - all of them. Regional terminals and buses are for regional transit. I try to avoid them at all costs, unless I'm building a gambling or tourism city. And if I have gambling or tourism, I place the bus terminal right in the middle of where I need those tourists, and demolish all the bus garages. Think of the regional terminals as a way to get your tourists into the city. They will walk to and from the terminal, as long as it's within walking distance. They don't need any bus stops; buses will originate from "the region". 

If you have no need for tourists, then you can either use shuttle bus depots (which will shuttle the Sims from one side of the city to another depot on the other side) or plop bus terminals on either side of the city, with zero bus stops. This will help to force the Sims to walk to the terminals, and they will be dropped off in the other area and able to walk to their destination. Another good way to maximize effective transportation is to use Park and Rides in Residential and Commercial areas, if you have some R and C in an area that is too far for the Sims to walk.

Zoning your Commercial interspersed with your Residential will take a load off the mass transit options, and help greatly with traffic flow as it makes it possible for the Sims to walk to and from shopping and working. Zone your industrial downwind from your RC areas to avoid air pollution issues; then plop one or two shuttle bus depots in each area to get the I workers to and from work and home. Don't plop a bunch of stops or depots all around the city - it just confuses the simulation and creates traffic jams. Plop the terminals where you want the Sims to go, and let them walk there.

@pooh00110 wrote:

And the goods don't go to the Great Work. I have all the Recycling center Trading station, both are operating and there are arrows from my city to great work. But the count don't record me transport goods.

Make sure your trade port settings are set to either "Use locally" or "Import". The resources won't send to the GW if they're set to export. Since you have the arrows, you already know to turn the power buttons on under the resources in regional view. The transfer can take quite a lot of time to complete and record, depending on the number of delivery trucks you have and availability of resources, and traffic (again - traffic!). To speed it up, make sure you've maxed out the delivery trucks for the depot. If you have enough simoleans, you can also temporarily build more trade depots, set them to import and the imported goods will be delivered to the GW.

There is a bug that sometimes happens with the Trade Depots where the delivery trucks will park at a different resource port, or drive out of the city to an unknown destination and not return. If your delivery truck garages at your Trade Depot are empty (no trucks parked inside), then you should bulldoze the empty garages, rebuild them and they will begin delivering from the Trade Depot again. You don't have to bulldoze the entire depot, just the truck garages.

Another point on GW - once your GW has all supplied resources, workers and power, stay in the city that completed it and wait for the construction to fully complete. Then, enter any other connected cities, go to the regional view, click the GW icon - after a few minutes, the "Build a Great Works" button will appear. DO NOT CLICK ANY BUTTONS!!! You will totally wreck all the hard work you've had building the GW and it will never complete for any other city. Just wait - the box will eventually go away, then it will show the GW being built and eventually will "open" for the new city. The GW has already been built, it is just simulating the process in your other cities. It will take about as long to build in the other cities as it did with the city that built it. Just put it on Cheetah speed and walk away for a while. Repeat with any and all other cities - just wait for the syncing to happen and the GW to appear for your other cities.

@pooh00110 wrote:

Also, some student go to school in other city, but other city don't have region students.

As much as the game likes to say that your regional cities are working together, the underlying code is based on single player / single city programming. There are many instances such as this, where one city will say it's interacting in some way with the other cities, but it's not reflected properly in the other city. The best way to see the "interactions" are through the regional views; the individual city map overlays are not as accurate as the regional view. The regional view can also suffer from syncing issues. It's frustrating, but not much can be done to help with it. The services - such as power, water and sewer - seem to do the best with syncing; others are pretty hit and miss.

I hope this helps. Happy Building!

Message 4 of 13 (1,113 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also, there is a small icon beside the bar of the goods at the Trade depot said "manage the global" something, should I click it? 

Message 5 of 13 (1,102 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Next to the bar, there is a small icon that turns Local Deliveries on or off. This manages deliveries inside the city, generally delivering to your mines and factories. For the Great Works, it shouldn't matter if it's enabled or not. I usually turn this on anyway, just to be certain that my local factories get deliveries of the resources they need, but I don't think it's a requirement for the GW.

The longer button underneath the resources is labeled Manage Global Market Deliveries. This is the one that has to be set to either "Import" (if you need to buy the resource in order to supply it) or "Use Locally" in order to get the resources delivered to the GW.

Message 6 of 13 (1,094 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Also, you may already know this, but the default storage lot that comes with the Trade Depot (for Freight) should be demolished to free up room for the resource storage you really need. The Freight lot never imports freight, it's merely a resource sink that can cause more problems than it solves. Factories will send their freight to the storage lot instead of to the Commercial businesses where it belongs; I've never seen an overload of freight in Industry where this might be beneficial. So just click on the edit screen, highlight just the Freight Shipping Warehouse, and delete it. Will give you more room for your needed resources.
Message 7 of 13 (1,093 Views)

★★★ Novice

@BlackjackWidow wrote:

The longer button underneath the resources is labeled Manage Global Market Deliveries. This is the one that has to be set to either "Import" (if you need to buy the resource in order to supply it) or "Use Locally" in order to get the resources delivered to the GW.

So this button should be turn off? 

Message 8 of 13 (1,080 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Button turned on is fine.

Click on Manage Global Delivery, on each resource tab set them to Use Locally if you have the resources in your city, or Import if you want to purchase from the global market.

Message 9 of 13 (1,073 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also, the bus, trams and trains always gathered and make some region have many cars, and some region need to wait a long time. How can solved it? And I think the cars should have routes, all the cars should have their schedule instead of gathering in some places.  

Message 10 of 13 (1,063 Views)