Re: MaxisMan taking prisoner to jail loop

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

MaxisMan taking prisoner to jail loop

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

In my region "TI", there is city "TRETIE" and there is maxisman which is running in loop in front of jail.

Server: EUROPE WEST 3

It looks like he never drops prisoner to jails.

There are 13/70 jails used only.

MaxisMan keeps saying  "Taking a prisoner to jail cells. Came from Red meat Steak House".

EDIT: if I switch to another city, and come back to affected city, maxisman is "spawned" in other part of city (not right in front of police station), but then he is going there, and the never-ending loop continues again... 

Please fix it, lol maxisman should never be broken :D

Thanks

Message 1 of 8 (981 Views)

EA Sims Team

Which server is your city on?

Thanks

Message 2 of 8 (968 Views)

★ Novice

Server: EUROPE WEST 3

I could observe, that if i logoff and login back, then MaxisMan is again "looking for criminal" (the previous one is gone) and as soon as he catch one, and goes to the jail, then the loop bug occurs again...

Thanks

Message 3 of 8 (955 Views)

EA Sims Team

Thanks, we'll take a look.

Message 4 of 8 (950 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have encountered this same problem today.  Was a solution found?

Message 5 of 8 (586 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@dryii - I have never had this happen to me. Does leaving the game and logging back in help at all? It's possible that there's some data corruption in one of your user files.

Try repairing the game:

1. Exit SimCity and Origin completely.
  2. Delete your SimCityUserData folder. Default location is \\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData You can rename the folder, or move it to your desktop as a backup just in case first. No need to worry, the game will recreate this folder when you log in again.
  3. Launch Origin "As Administrator" (Right-click Origin.exe, choose Compatibility tab, Check the box next to "Run this program as administrator")
  4. In Origin, right-click the SimCity icon and choose "Repair". Origin has to be online for this to complete. Let the repair run until completed.
  5. Launch SimCity "As Administrator" and check to see if you can load the affected city.

Corruption can happen if there is an interruption in the synchronization process, or if something like antivirus or firewall is preventing communication, so always run Origin.exe and SimCity.exe "as administrator". Be sure both are added to exception lists for antivirus and firewall. Try using a wired connection instead of wifi if possible, to reduce data communication errors. Good luck and Happy Building!
Message 6 of 8 (567 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, logging in and out doesn't help.  I even destroyed the main police station he was going to.  He went to another one and did the exact same thing: drove around in the parking lot over and over and over.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Doug

Message 7 of 8 (531 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@dryii - Did you try the other suggestions? Is it still happening?

Message 8 of 8 (520 Views)