Re: Maglev Station Bug

by Ur-NxT-1

Original Post

★★ Novice

June, 2016. Also reporting I have this bug and it just happened three (!) times after each other. I am not trying to buy any more Maglev because of this. What a crazy stupid bug and seeing as it's been 2 years (!!) since this was reported and it's still in the game it's safe to assume Maxis and EA are simply saying "f*ck you". What a downer on an otherwise very enjoyable game!

Message 21 of 30 (2,108 Views)

★ Apprentice

Now Sept. 12 2016 and yet the game still does this. Had it happened three times in a row, needless to say as you all seem to be, i am also pissed, more at the fact that not even a reply that this issue is being looked at.  So i am safe to say EA is to busy counting there money  with there feet up on a desk then to even spend 5min and reply saying...yes we have made note of the issue and are looking into it.

Message 22 of 30 (2,033 Views)

★ Novice

I assume EA is not even caring about this bug, soo maglev is completly useless at the moment.

Thanks EA Wink

Message 23 of 30 (2,009 Views)

★ Novice

Still having this issue.

Message 24 of 30 (1,761 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't even know what to say. Bug still there 5 years later lol. Welcome to EA.

Message 25 of 30 (1,475 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @grenian11  - SimCity is no longer actively being developed by EA; there will be no more patches or updates to the game as the development team was dissolved a couple of years ago. The unfortunate reality is that there are a few bugs that were never fixed, and this might be one of them.

I vaguely remember having this problem in one of my cities, but I think I was able to finally delete the track by going into the maglev station edit screen, and deleting from there. Those tracks can be a bear to target - try all the camera angles you can, bulldozing any zoned buildings next to or around the tracks, and removing any roads underneath the track.

If you're still experiencing this problem, there is a mod on Simtropolis that claims to fix the problem. If you choose to try it, I suggest you make a copy of your SimCity folder first just in case. I'm sorry to say that I can't tell you for sure that it works, only that the website has other mods that I have used and have been very useful for me. I hope one of these solutions helps you return to Happy Building!

Message 26 of 30 (1,464 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still need fix, and please do not work for EA for free, they are using you as free workforce instead of actually doing a good job.

Message 27 of 30 (1,253 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Littlebewolf - As I said in my previous post, SimCity is a legacy game so there won't be any more patches or fixes. Were you able to try the suggestions in the threads? Deleting everything around the tracks or deleting from the station edit menu, if you can get into it, seems to have worked for some others. If you try it, I'd be interested to hear if the mod suggestion worked. If I ever run across this issue in one of my own cities, I'd like to know. I have used a couple of mods from that site to help work around problems I've had. Specifically, there is another bug where high density streetcar tunnels will sometimes refuse to delete. It's very similar to this maglev station track bug. I put in the mod, was able to delete the tunnel, and then took the mod back out. 

I agree it's a frustrating bug, and with no hope of ever getting a patch to fix it, the best we can do is try to find a workaround. I don't think of my helping players as "working for free", I just like to help others. Believe me, what I do or comment on in the forums has no effect on what EA does with the game. But, I sincerely appreciate the concern Standard smile 

Message 28 of 30 (1,227 Views)

★★ Novice

Replying from 2021! :D I tried the Maglev mod package and it fixes the problem. Easy. So if you are a time traveler like me or happen to pull this game out of mothballs again after a long time and search for the answer to this bug, the above post by BLACKWIDOW with the package fix is still the best way to fix this and the package is still there. Easy fix, just back up your game and put the package folder in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityData and you will be fine. (Folder structure may very based on your PC so make sure you find the right folder!)

Thanks. (Hops back in TARDIS and flies away.)

Message 29 of 30 (942 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@strangeseraph wrote:

Thanks. (Hops back in TARDIS and flies away.)

And didn't even offer me a ride Frown  

Thanks so much for the feedback. I'm glad to hear the mod works, and that it's still there! Simtropolis is a great resource for all of us time traveling SimCity lovers. Happy Building!

Message 30 of 30 (924 Views)