[Mac] Mojave - Cursor & Display Resolution Problems

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Re: Cursor less accurate on macOS 10.14.4

★ Novice

A temp fix to adjust the window view size is as follows for Mac:

System preferences, Display, select scaled, choose one of the options that makes the window bigger. 

Message 30 of 83 (3,294 Views)

Re: SimCity Mouse not working! (at any time)

★ Novice

@BlackjackWidow

I got the game to work. Seems like the resolution of my screen (5k iMac) is just too high. After a lot of moving the cursor to find the right spot to click, I was able to change the resolution.

It now works, sadly not in fullscreen mode, but oh well.

Thanks

Message 31 of 83 (3,302 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm having the same issue on my 4K Retina iMac. Mouse clicks seem to be misaligned in Full Screen Mode. Game resolution options do not show my actual graphics card/display resolution options. It only gives me two options. Can only play the game in windowed mode which sucks. Hope this gets fixed soon!
Message 32 of 83 (3,226 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@thedavidventer wrote:
I'm having the same issue on my 4K Retina iMac. Mouse clicks seem to be misaligned in Full Screen Mode. Game resolution options do not show my actual graphics card/display resolution options. It only gives me two options. Can only play the game in windowed mode which sucks. Hope this gets fixed soon!

Something happened with the Mojave update that apparently broke things for SimCity. I agree, windowed mode is not ideal. Would you add information asked for by @Bluebellflora on this post https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/Cursor-less-accurate-on-macOS-10-14-4/m-p/7770261#M127510 and click "Me too" on the first post? Including which display resolutions are showing for you could be helpful as well. Thanks!

Message 33 of 83 (3,206 Views)

Re: Cursor less accurate on macOS 10.14.4

★★★ Novice
Same Issues re. curser / full-screen mode.

1. macOS Mojave 10.14.4, iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017), Radeon Pro 560 4 GB. Game gives 32bit warming (needs to be updated to 64bit) and graphics card warning (doesn't meet minimum requirements, apparently). Graphic options only shows 2 resolutions (1024x768 and 1580x944). Literally unplayable in full-screen mode.
2. I have both versions but I play the one from EA/Origin, for multiplayer access as the one from Aspyr/Mac App Store is Single Player Only. I have the same issues with both versions of the game.
Message 34 of 83 (3,122 Views)

In fullscreen mode, buttons are not active and responsive

★★★ Newbie

Simcity will go to a full screen mode in IMAC (Mojave) but being in this status won't let the user click on any of the buttons on the screen. Only when full screen checkbox is unchecked the buttons are active and responsive. Does anyone experinced such a bug?

Message 35 of 83 (3,088 Views)

Re: In fullscreen mode, buttons are not active and responsive

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi @MichaelRozenblum - This appears to be an issue with the Mojave 14.4 update. We've been getting several reports from Mac users about this issue. Moved your post to a thread that is tracking the issue. Please click "Me Too" on the first post and add the requested information from the first post. Thanks for your help!

Message 36 of 83 (3,051 Views)

Re: [Mac] Mouse Cursor and Display Resolution Problems

Hero (Retired)

Several threads were combined to better track this issue.

Tagging to request more info - Please add the requested system information following the directions in the first post: @weinertwein @giantswallowtail @12345iseeu @TheNerdyPenguin  and click the "Me Too" button.

Tagging @SimQARobo for visibility

Message 38 of 83 (3,035 Views)

EA Sims Team

@BlackjackWidow 

Thank you.  We're still working with Apple on this.  In the meantime, hopefully the found workarounds work for everyone.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 39 of 83 (3,028 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Just a reminder to click "Me Too" on the first post if you're experiencing this problem. It is also very helpful to post your system specs so we can keep track of specifics.
Message 40 of 83 (2,899 Views)