Larger cities for SimCity

by leymar75

Original Post

Re: Larger cities for SimCity

★★★ Newbie

I NEED EA TO TELL ME WHAT MY COMPUTER CAN AND CAN NOT DO!!!!!!!!

Heres the deal... my computer is 3d Marked at top 3% of computers which have been benchmarked on 3d mark. Clearly people have asked for larger cities so give us larger cities.. release larger city options in different sizes ranging from moderate computer capabilities to high end. Give a disclaimer in city creator that larger cities may not load on lower end computers and to play within your computer's means.  If they lose their city several times over because their city is too big for their computer thats their fault.  Additionally we dont need your server to host our game.  Make larger cities only available to offline mode.

Lets not cater to toaster ovens and hampster powered devices EA.  It's time to move up in life and  listen to your customers. 

I didnt buy watch dogs so this game has still been the biggest waste of money ive spent on a game.  This is solely because of your "We want to tell gamers what they can and can not do" attitude.  

Message 21 of 25 (978 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@ MartinBryant  I bought the game and they clearly didnt deliver on what they promised.  If i had known all the stupid restrictions they would put on their consumers prior to purchase then No i would not have bought the game. Fact of the matter we are dissatisfied. I wanted a refund which they refused to grant so now they have to put up with the complaints.  Since they wont give my money back they better produce a better game. 

Message 22 of 25 (977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

BUMP!

I know I'm late, but I was a victim of a lazy summer afternoon, when boredom struck and I found myself wanting to play the latest version of SimCity.  I was a fan of previous versions of this game so I didn't even read any reviews to help me decide if it would be worth forking over $30.  Instead I trusted EA implicitly to release a great product.

Initially I liked the new features and since Ive been craving a SimCity that had a true multi player mode I was very excited about the game despite the small city size.  I've played through several cities trying out different specializations up to this point.  Now that the initial excitement is gone and I'm becoming annoyed with being limited to a small tile sized grid square, I'm truly disappointed that there won't be a release of larger city sizes, or even city zones that are directly next to one another as in SimCity 4.  Also the interaction between neighboring cities seems rather limited and buggy.  It doesn't feel like a multi player game at all.

I would gladly pay for the option to play regions that have bigger city boundaries.  Or better yet, be able to add additional space next to my existing cities.  I don't really care if someone running an out of date computer can't load my city, they can admire it from a distance.  PC Games should push boundaries. It feels to me like the size and scope of this release is something closer to an app game rather than a traditional boundary pushing PC game.

Please, SimCity 6 soon.

Message 23 of 25 (928 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi EA, what about slicing One Big City into smaller section if your concern is performance. With this approach we can get the joy of having that massive city effect rather than small but far away. Please work on this! Thank you!
Message 24 of 25 (489 Views)

★★★ Novice

What also should be included in all "spaces" that's available for everyone, offline as in online is to have more or less equally when it comes to resources, every bar should be glowing at some grade, making it able for others to actually playing the game rather than having other players being totally obsessed with another player that can't play the game but has access to all the resources. This issue has also been an major issue regarding playing the game... it's technically a bigger issue than making the city range bigger! and even I payed $80 when this * came out, and I'm still here waiting for the grass to become at least a little bit greener than having a foul soil ,,,  smh -.-

Message 25 of 25 (302 Views)