Larger cities for SimCity

by leymar75

Original Post

Re: Larger cities for SimCity

★★★★ Novice

Cities of Tomorrow injected some fun into the game for a day or two, but I also stopped playing after that.  I haven't played it for months and can drum up no enthusiasm for it.  With such small squares, the game goes nowhere.  I was hopeful that, with an offline mode, something could finally be done.

What a shame.  

Message 11 of 25 (2,722 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Give us bigger city sizes... i swear this would be bad for the next sim city game.. no alot of people will buy it cause they think you guy would ruin it just like this game.

Message 12 of 25 (2,479 Views)

★ Novice

thanks for NO larger maps, since this is what your customers want. You just gave us the finger by saying there will be no larger maps. I will remember this in my next purchase of anything EA.  Long live Steam!

Message 13 of 25 (2,460 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We need larger cities! It becomes boring when you can't fit everything into one city. That's what a city is, a huge thing with lots of difference buildings. 

Message 14 of 25 (2,234 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Message 15 of 25 (2,230 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There may be performance problems with making the maps larger, but at least give modders information to get leads on how to make a mod to create larger citys. The whole idea of modding is to do things like this, performance does not matter in the modding community. The Bunzies is aware you must keep slimy corporate agendas, but find the time to post some information helping modders make the game playable. 

PS. EA has a VERY bad reputation in case you did not know, for not giving the players what they want.

Message 16 of 25 (2,170 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

It's true that we don't care aboute interconnectivity between cities that's why we liked previous simcity games.

It's true that we want bigger cities that's why we liked previous sim city games. Why they try to reinvent games that works with childish things.

All we wanted was sim city 4 with hot 3d graphics. We don't even have place to fit all the required building. And this is always updating when I dare to try to play it again so i give up before.

Message 17 of 25 (1,981 Views)

★★★ Novice

All good points.

Not to mention in the REAL world all cities have their own trash/police/fire services etc.

2ndly, if you LOSE a city cause it never reloads whatever that city had disappears..so you lost part of the "regional" assistance. So if one city is your $generating industrial city and it goes EA POOF --good luck generating those$$.  I started with a three city matrix. Lost a mega powerhouse industrial city and over $200 million.  Now I have obilterated 1/2 of the remaining 2 cities and installed pollution generating industry to support THEIR infrastructure...

3rd- this game should be called SIM SUBURB..come on a Stadium for 15,000 people? That's a little convention center.

A real city has a 70,000 or so seat Stadium for football..

4th--regional cooperation sounds a bit like SOCALISM..I am sorry but cities compete vs each other...unless this game is set in China where the state is the 'region' and our Simcities are little 'collectives.'

Just fix the bugs and get this game to work EA/Maxis/Origin.

Simcerly,

BaltimoreColt.

Governor of Region ALPHA

Message 18 of 25 (1,599 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I think EA should update and go deep into their Glass Box engine and make it work better for larger city managment, or leave the simcity they created and go ahead for another sim city to get rid of all the mistakes they made in design of this game and put it right in the next one and win back the rest of their respect. If this happens they deffinatly be avioding the worst company of the year award that is for sure. Now you know exsacly what we want. Good way to show to us your still listening as well and  prove you really want to put this right for us. (I know that sounds like black mail but it is kinda true, its what I would do if I was in your shoes I guess.)

anyways In my opinion anyway I would leave all the small city box design regions to multiplayer mode exclusivly as a chioce and allow sandbox mode or single player mode to be a place where popele can have the freedom to create what ever they want. No limitations, all the tools they need to create anything they want for the city of their dreams like, tarrain customization, more content, tools and options, if you want it like, disaster damage level controls or underground metro networks and biulding options etc. Full support and freadom to create enormous cities spanning across the land seemlessly without pulling the player away from the experiance to go work or start again on another region. Let the player decide to do that only when they want to not becuase there current state is a mess and they have to. Let the situation that  occur be possibly fixed in the same place the problem occur. right in with the experiance there in already. Let the player choose where the barriers go up or down in there city, Give players chioces of small regions suitable for slower PCs to massive ones for PCs that have that extra processing power. Let the player choose where the sea is going to be, the lakes and the rivers. Its there city and land? why carnt we control and customize that?. Sure give warnings to players on the demands on these size regions or what ever but give them the chioce. The more tools ands customizable options to the player the more fun and entertaining it is for us. The more possabilties in creativity that are open to us and the more your able to do when it comes to content and features for the game as well. I am sure you agree you guys made a mistake but I also beleive you guys can fix those mistakes and put it right and make the best sim city game ever. You have an amazing system put up in this game and made it a lot more user friendly and fun to play. Just unfortunate it got ruined by too many limitations and bugs. Such a shame Frown

Message 19 of 25 (1,402 Views)

★★★ Newbie

sad as it is that they cant make bigger cities, it is their desicion not the consumer.. they are the ones making the game and selling it... if you dont like the game dont buy it. buy an alternative. if there isnt an alternative dont blame maxis for that!

Message 20 of 25 (1,192 Views)