Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Join Game --NO actual joinable games?

by InTheWasteland

Original Post

Highlighted

Join Game --NO actual joinable games?

★★ Novice

Is anyone else having this issue?  every region shown when i go to Join Game is already full.  Occasionally there is a region with an abandoned city i can claim, but i dont want to play those.  Why is there no filters for searching through regions?  Why would they even show full regions--wouldnt common sense dictate that once they are full they are no longer "joinable"  and should be removed from the list? 

For all the fuss about there being no way for this game to be played "offline", it seems that is the ONLY way i can play this game now.  Its almost a Catch 22 that i have to be connected to the servers to play the game, but cannot use any of the features that being online provides. 

Message 1 of 7 (291 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Join Game --NO actual joinable games?

★★★ Apprentice

yeah i have the same issue, and those regions where i find empty space, there other players are not active for a long time so its pointless to join there... i wonder how can i get my own created regions in that sity log?

Message 2 of 7 (281 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I agree, joining public games is a hassle, most are instantly full. It's rare to find one that's not.

I'd complain that the filters don't work, and that there should be a filter for "available slots" but I know the filters have been temporarily disabled to reduce the load on the servers. Search routines do eat up a lot of CPU cycles, multiplied by a million or so users, I can kinda understand why they did that, for now.

Once they get a handle on that, they really do need to look at adding a filter option for available cities, not just abandoned. A filter option for newly created regions might be nice too.

Message 3 of 7 (280 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

yup, so if u want to play togehter invite me - ertolexx

and feel free to join my region

Message 4 of 7 (274 Views)
Highlighted

When I first played and before they removed the filters, the games list used to be arranged by regions that you could join and the last time it was active. Like you said, now it shows games that are full, or it will say their not and be full when you view the region to join.

I don't know why they would not have 2 numbers under the region to tell you how many slots are available and how many are taken, rather they use the users avatars, and you have to remember how many spots are in a region, or click the region to see if they're full.
Message 5 of 7 (264 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I just posted a thread on this issue to. It's getting annoying. If I'm online always. I want to play online with others. And I don't think people joining servers to quickly is the issue.

I've had a world open for 3 days now, and not a single person has joined the public game I started...

Message 6 of 7 (261 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah me too, i have 2 open regions without any other cities

Message 7 of 7 (257 Views)
Twitter Stream