Re: How to transfer singIe player city files to Aspyr version Simcity 5?

by FlabbaWokei

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to transfer singIe player city files to Aspyr version Simcity 5?

★ Apprentice

I just bought the Aspyr version of simcity after giving up from trying to duaI boot my imac. I was wondering if there was a away to transfer my oId game fiIes to it?  

Message 1 of 3 (678 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

Hi again, @FlabbaWokei - Officially, Aspyr says you can't transfer old game files. I'm not sure that's correct, though, unless they changed something about the way the game files are saved. You can only transfer offline games, since Aspyr doesn't have online/multiplayer. I know you decided to return the game to Aspyr, but just in case you'd like to try this anyway:

Game files in the Origin version are saved in: /Documents/SimCityMedia/Games 

Game files in the Aspyr version are saved in:/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.simcity5.appstore/Data/Documents/SimCityMedia/Games

You might have to actually play the Aspyr version and save one game file first, to make the Games directory. Log out of SimCity first. Then copy the contents of the Origin Games folder to the Aspyr Games folder. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (643 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi again, @FlabbaWokei - Officially, Aspyr says you can't transfer old game files. I'm not sure that's correct, though, unless they changed something about the way the game files are saved. You can only transfer offline games, since Aspyr doesn't have online/multiplayer. I know you decided to return the game to Aspyr, but just in case you'd like to try this anyway:

Game files in the Origin version are saved in: /Documents/SimCityMedia/Games 

Game files in the Aspyr version are saved in:/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.simcity5.appstore/Data/Documents/SimCityMedia/Games

You might have to actually play the Aspyr version and save one game file first, to make the Games directory. Log out of SimCity first. Then copy the contents of the Origin Games folder to the Aspyr Games folder. 

Message 2 of 3 (644 Views)

★ Apprentice
@BlackjackWidow Hi again! Thank you very much i was hoping to see you here XD. The fiIes were different so i was confused on how to approach it. If my refund claim fails then this will be a godsend. Thank you again Standard smile
Message 3 of 3 (638 Views)