Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

How do I change the city set for Sim City?

by Zuthilios

Original Post

Highlighted

How do I change the city set for Sim City?

★★★ Novice

I know it said it once on the main menu like 'Congrats! You own the Digital Deluxe edition! To change the style of city...' but I forgot and now I can't figure out how to change it to English, French or German buildings.

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 5 (6,818 Views)

Re: How do I change the city set for Sim City?

★ Apprentice

You will have to plop down specific buildings, like big ben for a english type of city.

You can find those building under culture on your city specialization page.

Message 2 of 5 (6,784 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've done that before and it changed nothing, or do the buildings have to actually rebuild to look different?

Message 3 of 5 (6,778 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah, it doesn't happen over night, but just wait some time to get them to change, and if your for instance want it to be an english look, you could build an english busstation to get it to get more influence, try to avoid other countries city sets.

Message 4 of 5 (6,774 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

It's a rip-off and a total con.

An extra £20.00 for the game (or DLC pack), and you cannot start off from scratch with a city in the style of your own choosing.

Most of these ploppables are not only expensive, in the region of 150,000 to 500,000, but by the time you can even think about spending that sort of money, you have to demolish a massive part of your city to plop them, they are huge (mostly).

Sure these ploppables can become tourist attractions, but give people the use of what they paid for ....... let them use the city sets whenever they want

Message 5 of 5 (6,762 Views)
Twitter Stream