Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

HOW THE CAN I PLAY SIM CITY WITHOUT ORIGIN ?????

by VIKINGWARRIOR13

Original Post

Accepted Solution

HOW THE CAN I PLAY SIM CITY WITHOUT ORIGIN ?????

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

HOW  CAN I PLAY SIM CITY WITHOUT ORIGIN INTERFERING....I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO HAVE THE INTERNET TO PLAY BY MYSELF BECAUSE  I PAID $80 !!!!  WHAT IF MY INTERNET IS DOWN????....WHAT THEN???? 

Message 1 of 14 (36,891 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: HOW THE CAN I PLAY SIM CITY WITHOUT ORIGIN ?????

★★★★ Novice

It states quite clearly in the system requirements for the game that an internet connection is required to play. If you weren't okay with that, maybe you should have bought SimCity 4 instead?

View in thread

Message 4 of 14 (39,743 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

I feel your pain, I wish there was a way to get this off Origin too.

Unfortunaly, I have a feeling that this will never be off Origin, or if it is it won't be done by EA.

Thanks to EA I can't put this on a laptop and play it in the midle of timbuktu (I don't go in the midle of nowhere offen but it's the princeble)

The moment theres a hack to take this thing offline, I'm doing it.

Message 2 of 14 (35,589 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I know your pain, but the developers aren't going to change. The game is actually single player, but the give the illusion of multi-play through the regions. You just have to handle it, and you had to have known it constantly required an internet connection to play before your purchased it.

Message 3 of 14 (35,585 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It states quite clearly in the system requirements for the game that an internet connection is required to play. If you weren't okay with that, maybe you should have bought SimCity 4 instead?

Message 4 of 14 (39,744 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This was actuality a gift, plus I never would have dreamed that EA would do something like this.

They completely destroyed SimCity, this will probably be the last one they make.

If they make a new SimCity I'm not going to buy it. 

Message 5 of 14 (35,545 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

@VIKINGWARRIOR13 wrote:

HOW  CAN I PLAY SIM CITY WITHOUT ORIGIN INTERFERING....I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO HAVE THE INTERNET TO PLAY BY MYSELF BECAUSE  I PAID $80 !!!!  WHAT IF MY INTERNET IS DOWN????....WHAT THEN???? 

Indeed, game developers take large risks when putting their platforms solely online, however, it does state clearly on the front packaging that 'this game requires a constant internet connection to be played".

I'm not entirely sure the reasons as to why companies do this, as I am not a game developer, but I would easily assume that it has something to do with money, and easily expanding out to the wider community through the internet, at the expense of life long fans of Sim City...  Sometimes this things pan out well, and pay off in the end, and sometimes they don't, like what is clearly evident here with sim city and the monstrous amounts of complaints on this forum of crashes and bugs! 

Message 6 of 14 (34,836 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

In my opinion, EA did this to prevent piracy. It is a lot harder to create a crack to by-pass an online game, so what they did was to constantly check your conectivity so you can't run the game offline. Also, all the data is saved in Origin database, so until someone invents a way to save the cities and everything that involves the game, to your computer, you will have to accept playing it with the drmless version.

Message 7 of 14 (34,506 Views)

★★★★ Novice

let's have a look into datadealer.net -- some answers to your question could be found there probably

i bought simcity dvd

found out

that was no good idea

found out

a monster grew in me

sniffin' greed

sniffin' flub

sniffin' broken dream

be freed

from this club

keep your senses clean

my hope is fading slowly and so is my beast's

Message 8 of 14 (34,490 Views)

★★★★ Novice

"In my opinion, EA did this to prevent piracy. It is a lot harder to create a crack to by-pass an online game"

Just because it's a lot harder dose not mean that it's impossible.

I've said it before and I will say it again, DRM whether it's always online, key code, or something like steam or origin, it won't stop pirates.

Message 9 of 14 (34,445 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I forgot to say
that I cannot play
"cannot load your DreamCity at the moment and neverever for 4 months soon" (do you feel it?)
this is my fun
I am not the only one
drm has it done
I'm done with drm
trust gone way far from them
when you delete a good of letters
the next be wrote then even betters

for now there is my thanx
I've paid a seventy Francs
the Francs were all the Swiss
now i feel like some (beep)
thanking you by a bad kiss
to the air by my hands
thanks to nowherelands

Message 10 of 14 (34,378 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help