Great Work - Pending

by xmessiek

Original Post

Re: Great Works Not seen by other cities connected to the great work.

★ Apprentice

It's a known and acknowledged bug.  EA say they are working on it but no timescale for resolution (first acknowledged about 2 months ago as far as I can see)

It's a real pain.  Part of the love/hate relationship with the game.

I'm continuing top build with temp-fixes in place hoping that there will be a resolution (eg building a large wind farm that will be destroyed when the city can finaly see that solar farm - or a section of residential that will be bulldozed when the arch... is recognised)

Message 31 of 44 (1,471 Views)

Re: Great Work - Pending

★ Apprentice

There is a known bug in the great works - some start straight away, some never start at all. Completed great works are only seen by some cities.  That sort of thing.

Gifting money:

1) set up the gift and send.

2) stay on region view until you get the 'sent' message

3) open the target city

4) go to region view and look at the sending city - you'll see the yellow arrow sending the money and will see the bank balance change

It takes about 5 to 10 mins - be patient.

Message 32 of 44 (1,427 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

No update on this side, unfortunately.

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 33 of 44 (1,467 Views)

Great Work - Pending

★★ Novice

Hello:

In my region I have to cities; from ther first one I create a Great Work at it works fine.

Once I activate the same Great Work from the 2nd city stay always in pending from this city and never activate it.

Could you please let me know how can I make to activate Great work from my sencond city?

Origin ID: tgimeno
City NameLlanuras de Matisse
Region: Name: Neutropolis
Server Name: NORTE AMÉRICA OESTE 4
How did you end your session last time you were playing the city: by using the in game Quit SimCity button

Message 34 of 44 (1,468 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

i have the same problem, great work finished in one city, not being recognised by the other city in same grid

**sigh** can you please fix it? thank you

Message 35 of 44 (1,452 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Europe West 1 btw

Message 36 of 44 (1,451 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There are a lot of posts about this problem. The feature is broken but it is worst if you try to start a project from other city. The way the great work works is:

1.- One city claims the great works.

2.- From the other cities the great work chosen from the first one is visible.

If you start the great work from one city and then start from a second city, the great work starts a bucle and won't be available until the end of the days (start a new region).

Message 37 of 44 (1,448 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

no way im startin a new region again, they need to fix it, and fix it now!

you hear me, you ipadwhore ea worker, tell your boss to scratch his eyeballs out and die!

Message 38 of 44 (1,445 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thank you francois, we are looking forward to word on the bug fixs which seems to be effecting all the regions at this moment.  

Aslo looking forward to hearing information concerning the / an API for develers so we may start Facebook Integrations. 

Message 39 of 44 (1,447 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

still an inssue, a month since the last post

Message 40 of 44 (1,237 Views)