Gift money in SimCity not received

by puzder

Original Post

Gift money in SimCity not received

★★★ Novice

I gifted money to a city. The gifter had the funds removed from its treasury, however the recipient never received the funds and went into the pause mode, I cannot do anything to get out of pause and it seems that makes the funds "lost"

Message 1 of 20 (19,096 Views)

Re: Gift money in SimCity not received

★★★★★ Novice

I have lost literally tens of millions of Simoleons to this very problem. It seems that EA/Maxis has no interest in addressing or fixing any of these synchronization issues. At the very least they could acknowledge the problem, but no. We are just wasting our breath.

Message 2 of 20 (19,033 Views)

★★ Novice

Me too!  Huge problem!

Message 3 of 20 (19,027 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. I lost 610.000 which I was giving as a gift to another of my own cities in the same region Frown

Very frustrating...

Message 4 of 20 (18,802 Views)

★ Pro

I haven't lost any money this way.  The problem is that the region takes a long time to update when you load the city.  You need to turn on cheetah speed and walk away from the game for 15-30 minutes before the money will show up as received.

Message 5 of 20 (18,799 Views)

★ Apprentice

Had the same thing happen w/ a $2M gift from one of my cities to another one.  Thought it was just lost.  But when I went back into the gifting city and clicked on the gift icon I could see it had status still as "Gifting $2M" as if it were still processing.  Turned on cheetah speed and waited a few mins.... and low and behold here appears this little delivery truck with the simolean icon above it.. yes the money actually gets delivered by armored truck apparently!  I guess I assumed it was like a wire transfer but no they actually have to deliver things from one city to another.  Noticed the same thing w/ a gift of crude oil between those same 2 cities (which makes sense with a resource... but not money).  Anyway so I waited on that little cash truck to make the delivery to the other city and it worked (it actually drove all the way to the recipient city's town hall).

Bottom line though it takes a while, especially in heavy traffic, so you have to be patient and I'd stay in regional/gift view until it completes.  You will get a notification.

Message 6 of 20 (18,793 Views)

★★ Guide

I know what happened

all the money went to MY city

I noticed my city hall is literally teaming with money trucks sitting outside it

if I ever depower my city hall and repower it I get 2 million dollars.

Thanks everyone for sending me your cash... I'll use it wisely ;-)

Message 7 of 20 (18,778 Views)

★★★ Novice

up to patch 6.0  the failed promises for fixing the gifting and sending money is nothing but a big hill of bull**bleep**. but hey we fixed the road problems with balloons...download **bleep**ers

Message 8 of 20 (17,748 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm only able to spend a one off payment, at the beginning of one city before I've done anything important. Then anything after that the money disappears. It says I've sent the gift in the gifting menu but no dice. I also suffer from my Great Works no being there for all of my city's except one.

Message 9 of 20 (17,258 Views)

★★ Novice

THis is what is happening to me, too. I sent 10m to a new city I built and it arrived within just a few minutes. Anything I've sent since never shows up. Also, the 2nd city can't see the great work completed by the 1st city.

Message 10 of 20 (16,872 Views)