Getting Launch arcology in simcity(2013)?

by Akideoni

Original Post

Getting Launch arcology in simcity(2013)?

★★★★ Novice

I am Interested In getting the complete edition of the game given that I even own the existing Simcity(2013).

But only to be dissuaded to noted that a number of DLCs wasn't in the pack, namely one that I had been eyeing for a long time the "Launch Arcology" was reluctantly excluded too.

Missing the preorder was truely unfortunate on my part, now even after a year this wasn't even made available as purchaseable simply baffles me.

Surely, discounts may seems attractive but without the "Launch Arcology" DLC I see no means in getting/purchasing the expansion or continue the game.

However, if you do have means to get "Launch Arcology" DLC availble. Please do enlight me.

The purchase of "Cities of Tomorrow" is a sure go with or without discount as long as "Launch Arcology" is available for the grabs!

Message 1 of 12 (3,900 Views)

Re: Getting Launch arcology in simcity(2013)?

★★★ Novice

I beleave the arcoligy is eather with the Cities of Tomarrow pack or just regular simcity

Message 2 of 12 (3,879 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yup it was suppose to be with the CoT expansion Preorder edition or something but I wasn't there for the Preorder thus wasn't able to get it back then.

And looking at reviews people posts it appears EA did not include them in Complete edition as well...Confusedmileysad:

Message 3 of 12 (3,875 Views)

★★★★ Novice

YUP it had been 3 years. And still no launch acrology up for grabs. Which means no purchase on my side.

Message 4 of 12 (3,750 Views)

★★★★ Novice
🤔5 years of waiting.

IT DID BE AMUSING IF EA EVEN CARE!
Message 5 of 12 (3,424 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I really would like the launch arcology as well, but I doubt we will ever see it since the game is even older now and there is no active support for it. There are a few more of these promos and add-ons that I would like to see offered, if only to help prevent the problem of not being able to take over an abandoned city. I wrote this post a while back requesting them. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll see any traction on the issue.

Message 6 of 12 (3,406 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I am not too sure if the lastest version of the game expansion comes with the acrology, given you have the game it would be nice if you could tell me more about it? and yes I would highlight it in your post as well. if it is in I would buy the expansion outright.

also I noted there are some modders out there manage to break the hard limit on the numbers of acrology they can build. I am not too sure if they had an alternative to it?

Message 7 of 12 (2,586 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Akideoni - I double-checked, and the Launch Arcology Park is now included in the SimCity Complete Edition available in Origin. I updated my request post to show this information, too. Thanks for the heads-up!

I do want to clarify - the Great Works Arcology is a totally different thing; that's been available since the beginning of the game and is a key feature of SimCity. Great Works are available in each region & you build them on Great Works sites that are not in the city. The park - Launch Arcology - is a bonus type of park that was only available to players who pre-ordered SimCity. You use it as a High Wealth park. The two are completely different things. I would guess that the mods you're referencing are allowing people to build more than one type of Great Works. There is no limit to how many parks you can place (other than needing the space for it).

Happy Building!

Message 8 of 12 (2,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks a lot, I notice you spoiler but it does not seems to be the active launch arcology. but more like a legacy off it. do help me check under culture tab to see if the actual launch arcology, many thanks again.

Message 9 of 12 (2,554 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just did a check on the base game, the launch park is not the launch arcology, and the launch arcology is not in the base game under the culture specialization. please help me check if the arcology is available in the specialization tab. thanks again.

Message 10 of 12 (2,521 Views)