Game will not load past splash logo. Can someone help?

by Hooshkie

Original Post

Game will not load past splash logo. Can someone help?

★★★ Newbie

I used to play this game all the time but took a break for awhile. I was wanting to try it out again but I've been having this issue where it will not load past the splash logo after hitting the play button in origin. If I click anywhere while it tries to load it will say not responding and I have to close the program. Ive already tried contacting EA support. They had me delete the cache files + restart my computer. And they also had me do a safe boot which didnt help either. I have also uninstalled the game and tried repairing it. Just not sure what to do anymore.

Any sort of suggestions would be great. If I need to post PC specs just let me know. Thanks guys.

Message 1 of 2 (358 Views)

Re: Game will not load past splash logo. Can someone help?

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Hooshkie - this usually means that something is blocking the game from connecting to the Internet in some way. Try these tips - they look like a lot, but it's really just a lot of little things to check:

Always run installation files "As Administrator".

Firewall and Antivirus - Make sure SimCity.exe and Origin.exe are added to exception lists. If you have BitDefender installed, disable it.
Graphics drivers and Windows OS are patched and updated to newest versions
SimCity.exe and Origin.exe - Set them to run "as administrator"
Nahimic 2 from MSI - this is an audio management program that comes with MSI motherboards. Disable or uninstall it. Nahimic 2 is known to cause this issue.
Copy Update Files to SimCity folder. Go to Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData\Patches\UpdatedApp Select all files (Ctrl-A) and copy (Ctrl-C). Go to \Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity and paste (Ctrl-V). Choose to overwrite any files that already exist.
Disable Origin in-game In Origin main menu, right-click SimCity icon, Game Properties, check the box that says "Disable Origin In-game"
Run in Windows 7 or 8 compatibility mode - right-click SimCity shortcut; choose Properties > Compatibility tab > Check the box to run in Win 7 or 8 compatibility mode

If none of these work, try a Clean Boot https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/ and attempt to launch SimCity. If it launches, you'll have some detective work to do. Enable one startup program at a time, reboot, try SimCity, until you find the program that is blocking it. Once you find the offending program, disable or uninstall it. You should be able to launch SimCity successfully without doing the clean boot after disabling the offending program.

Definitely post back and let us know whether something worked. If it still won't run, reply back with any error messages you're getting and attach a dxdiag report. How to Dxdiag: https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/How-To-Dxdiag/m-p/634584#U634584

Message 2 of 2 (342 Views)