Forgot everything about my account, I dont know the username or password. I have sim city registered on it.

by redrabbit589

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Forgot everything about my account, I dont know the username or password. I have sim city registered on it.

★★ Novice

I bought sim city and regstered it on my account but I forgot the username and password. Dont ask me to reset my password like ive been told so many times IT DOESNT WORK. Is there a way to look up my product code?

Message 1 of 15 (12,929 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Forgot everything about my account, I dont know the username or password. I have sim city registered on it.

Community Manager (retired)
I've isolated your the account the game is tied in to, I'll pm you to move on from there.

In the future, try to understand the position of our advisor: he can't let you bluff your way through this (as gorath put pretty accurately) and there isn't much he can do to assert account ownership. So just chill out, and reach out. Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

View in thread

Message 13 of 15 (6,459 Views)

All Replies

Re: Forgot everything about my account, I dont know the username or password. I have sim city registered on it.

EA Sims Team

Your username is an email address if that helps.

You will need to speak with EA Support at https://help.ea.com/contact-us as it is account related and no one on here has access to that information.

Also, the code you have will be in use by your account so obtaining your product code won't be of much use to you, instead you would want to access your Origin account again.

Message 2 of 15 (12,905 Views)

★★ Novice

What you dont understand is that I have tried all 3 of my emails that could possibly work and NONE of them have sim city on there.

Message 3 of 15 (12,901 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Well, you logged into here somehow... In any case, sounds like then, you'll have to do as suggested and contact Customer Support.

Announcements

For any account maintenance, persona assistance or code related queries, please Contact Us using the Help Center.

Message 4 of 15 (12,898 Views)

★★ Novice

I used one of those emails to make a new account...

Message 5 of 15 (12,896 Views)

Hero (Retired)

ahhh, ok! I see Standard smile

Contact Customer Service ... hope you get it sorted out soon!

Good Luck to you !!!

Message 6 of 15 (12,884 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Well I have offically given up on EA, THANKS FOR WASTING MY $60 YOU UNGRATEFUL [AWFUL PERSON]. 

Here is the converstaion between the "customer service" and I. Worst customer service ever. They shooed me off becuase they didnt want to help me. What they dont understand is I CANT rememebr the account name! They were sick of hearing from me and decided to end the converstation.

$60 WELL SPENT

You are now ready to chat with Vinod.

VinodThanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Vinod. How may I assist you today?
youI forgot my origin account name as well as my password, I have sim city 5 linked to that account.
youI tried all of my emails if that helps.
VinodHi, please let me know your game code and EA ID so I can check it.
you [edited out]
youWhat is an EA ID?
VinodOrigin ID.
youI dont know that, it should be an email right?
VinodIts a ID, apart from e-mail account.
youI dont know my origin ID, that is my problem. Can you look it up using the game code?
VinodYes, could you please list me all the e-mail accounts you own so I can match it.
you[edit: email address removed] [edit: email address removed] [edit: email address removed] The thing is, I tried all of these...
VinodNot matching, please let me know any other e-mail account, even if its not registered.
you[edit: email address removed] Thats the only other one I know of.
VinodNot matching.
youIs there a way to reset the game code so I can use it on another account I made?
VinodI'm sorry game code once registered can't be used with any other account.
youSo there is no way to play this game I paid $60 for anymore?
VinodAt times,it is difficult to recall the account. Please do not worry,take your time to get back to us with the correct account or any other account that you think you might have used to register the game, so we can check and assist you to get the account access.
VinodPlease note the case ID: 09382149 for reference.
VinodThanks for contacting EA, is there anything else I can assist you with today?
youYou didnt help me, what you dont understand is I CANT remember the account name or anything!
youI dont see why you cant look up what account is linked to that game code!
VinodI wish I could help you but owing to system constraints nothing much can be done.
VinodPlease contact us when you are ready with any e-mail account you thing you might have used.
VinodBye and take care!!
Message 7 of 15 (12,869 Views)

Hero (Retired)

From what I read, there was nothing more than CAN do until you can remember the info they need...

Maybe it will come to you, did you not write it down somewhere?

Sorry dude, I hope you get it sorted out!...

Message 8 of 15 (12,867 Views)

EA Sims Team

As the 4 email addresses you provided them didn't match the owner of the code they can't give out more details as it would be a security risk. Unfortunately, you will need to re-contact them if you remember what your Origin ID (redrabbit589 on your current Answer HQ account)/Email was.

How did you purchase SimCity? If you bought it from Origin you should have an email confirming your purchase in one of your email accounts.

Message 9 of 15 (12,866 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

With regard to a more recent RANT in a separate message posted at 12:06 PM, CDT, there is no way for the OP here to have any idea about the quality of EA's official support, since he cannot satisfay the security required to access any account.  The odds in this case favor the possibility of a brazen identity thief attempting a bluff. 

I can't imagine any ordinary game player having any need for four separate eMail accounts . .

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ/Worst-customer-service-EVER/td-p/1306070

Message 10 of 15 (12,862 Views)