Flickering screen when loading

by slvrbullet1992

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Flickering screen when loading

★★★★ Novice

I just tried to open SimCity and after Origin updated and SimCity updated I hit the play button. The screen looked like it was going to load however it just kept flashing between a black screen and the desktop image, the mouse pointer looked like it does in SimCity. I am running a Microsoft surface pro and SimCity worked a few weeks ago.

Anyone else have this issue?

Trying to get this game to work consistently has been a miserable experience. EA should be ashamed.

Message 1 of 14 (3,727 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Flickering screen when loading

★★★★ Novice

If it helps anyone else the solution to my issue was as follows:

- Right click on the SimCity shortcut and go to properties.

- Under the shortcut tab click advanced properties.

- Check the box "Run as administrator" and click OK

- Under the compatibility tab select to run this program in compatibility mode for windows 7

- Under the settings check the box next to "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"

I am not sure if you only need on or two of the steps to get it to work but I tried playing around and it seemed I had to do all of them.

View in thread

Message 8 of 14 (4,048 Views)

All Replies

Message 2 of 14 (3,725 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

And that's why you're making the big bucks.. lol. Solutions don't get much better than that.

Message 3 of 14 (3,718 Views)

★ Pro

@dddibley wrote:

And that's why you're making the big bucks.. lol. Solutions don't get much better than that.

Who's making what?

Message 4 of 14 (3,704 Views)

Hero (Retired)

It was 'tongue in cheek'. You should be getting paid for all the help you're doing here. Just saying.

Message 5 of 14 (3,697 Views)

★ Pro

@dddibley wrote:

It was 'tongue in cheek'. You should be getting paid for all the help you're doing here. Just saying.

:robotwink:

Message 6 of 14 (3,695 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the response unfortunately no luck. As soon as I hit the play button after it finds the server the screen still just goes black. I can move the mouse but for some reason the software will move it back to the center after a couple seconds. I can hear the music but have no display. I don't fully understand this as it worked fine for a couple of months. Maybe a display driver issue?

Message 7 of 14 (3,682 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If it helps anyone else the solution to my issue was as follows:

- Right click on the SimCity shortcut and go to properties.

- Under the shortcut tab click advanced properties.

- Check the box "Run as administrator" and click OK

- Under the compatibility tab select to run this program in compatibility mode for windows 7

- Under the settings check the box next to "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"

I am not sure if you only need on or two of the steps to get it to work but I tried playing around and it seemed I had to do all of them.

Message 8 of 14 (4,049 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
So it was a display issue, then. Thanks for the follow-up! Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 9 of 14 (3,670 Views)

★ Novice

AE should be a shamed they fail their comunity all the time and always blame players pc even trough multiple plauers have the same issue they do this whit almost every fail at every game i rlly hope e

Message 10 of 14 (2,537 Views)