Europe West 1 server issue? Can't connect.

by ESL_Hyp

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Europe West 1 server issue? Can't connect.

★★ Novice
Hi,

I have an issue that I can't connect to the Europe West 1 server. I can connect to all of the other server and play on it. It's just the Europe West 1 server that I can't connect to.
My friends are playing on Europe West 1. The server status website says that the server is ''Available''. I restarted my computer and Origin a few times but it seems like nothing helps.

Does any of you know a solution or is this a known problem?

Thanks!

ps. if you need more info let me know!

Message 1 of 5 (722 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Europe West 1 server issue? Can't connect.

★★ Novice

Hi @BlackjackWidow - Thank you so much for your response! When I started my computer today and once again tried to start up the game and it all worked again. I will remember your reply in case this happens again.

Thank you once again!

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (696 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi @ESL_Hyp  - That is really strange that it's just the one server that is giving you problems. I just went to test, and I can get on Europe West 1 with no problems. Since your friends are playing on that server, it must be something related to your computer or your connection. 

I see that you have tried restarting your computer and Origin already; just for good measure, try shutting your computer down, then turn your modem/router off and back on. Let the modem fire back up, then restart your computer and try again. Make sure SimCity.exe and Origin.exe are set to run "as administrator", and they are both added to antivirus and firewall exception lists. If you have BitDefender installed, disable it. 

If this doesn't work, there could be an issue with the dns; follow the instructions here to flush your dns. The additional troubleshooting on the page are worth running through if this doesn't work.

Please post back and let us know if anything worked for you. I hope you will be playing with your friends shortly. Fingers crossed

Message 2 of 5 (711 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @BlackjackWidow - Thank you so much for your response! When I started my computer today and once again tried to start up the game and it all worked again. I will remember your reply in case this happens again.

Thank you once again!

Message 3 of 5 (697 Views)

Hero (Retired)
That's fantastic news - thanks so much for the update. Happy building!
Message 4 of 5 (690 Views)

★ Novice

hi. that's log from my. the servers is avaible but the game show is not.and i can't start single player mode...

### 2019-03-03 18:21:50
00:00:00 INFO: UpdateManager Version: ML 321, App Version: 382229380, Channel 38, SessionID: 0x1aa5b4a9
00:00:00 INFO: Data Version for SimCity Locale - Polish: 355857805
00:00:00 INFO: Data Version for 0xa9c9479d: 355857805
00:00:00 INFO: Data Version for 0x7f74d006: 355857805
00:00:02 INFO: AppMode Activate: SCUpdateAppMode
00:00:04 INFO: Start Update Info from Server.
00:00:05 INFO: Download to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData\Patches\ finished
00:00:05 INFO: Got available updates from server.
00:00:05 INFO: Setup Update Info for Data from Control
00:00:05 INFO: Setup Scripts Info from Control.
00:00:05 INFO: Setup Update Info for Data from Control
00:01:16 WARNING: Cancelling app download.
00:01:16 WARNING: Cancelling data download.
00:01:16 WARNING: Cancelling game downloads.
00:01:16 WARNING: Cancelling plugin download.
00:01:16 WARNING: Cancelling AddOn download.

Message 5 of 5 (541 Views)