Error 3000

by kantele

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error 3000

★★★ Newbie

Got a real good one for you. Error 3000. No, not one of the double digit errors when the game boots; this doesn't even allow the game (or SimCityRecovery) to boot. It's just a box with a red x titles "error" with the text "[3000]." I mean, I thought Battlelog's error messages were vague. At any rate, the only solution a rep posted to this is a 35 page post of complaints, none with a solution to this error. Trying to update, repair install, or uninstall (which involves deleting the folder since the game doesn't properly uninstall through Windows) doesn't work.

Would anybody care to enlighten us on what this error is and how we can fix it? To reiterate, I can't even get to the launcher because of this error.

Message 1 of 6 (2,723 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error 3000

★★★ Newbie

I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the people meant to help us and say they are completely in the dark and not clueless/useless. After struggling with this issue multiple times, I messed around and managed to get to the launcher; so at least that's something. I suspect the main issue had to do with the SimCity uninstaller never booting from the windows Programs and Features area in the control panel. Registry edits never fully did it either. So...

My steps:

1.Uninstall Origin. You can leave behind other games, just make sure Sim City is deleted.

2. Download CCleaner. Seriously. When you do, go to the tools section and find the program uninstaller tool. Find the SimCity entry and uninstall it. Through CCleaner, it ran the uninstall perfectly, not like the crap where Origin just directs you to the Windows tool instead of doing it itself.

3.  *I can't be responsible if you take this step and something goes wrong; just know it worked for me. Don't try this step if you don't have common sense on what may be critical in you registry.*

Not satisfied, I searched my registry for every mention of "SimCity" and "Origin" deleted the ones that didn't seem critical If in doubt just leave it. Search for the registry solutions on the forums; it gives you the exact directories you should be checking. Unfortunately, I've been unable to locate those "solutions" again. Also be careful you don't delete any previous Sim City games' registry entries. I have Sim City 4 still installed so I had to be careful. The entries make it easy to tell the difference.

4. I deleted all temporary files, also through CCleaner. I also browsed to my temporary files and deleted what the system allowed me to for good measure. I run a swap drive for an SSD and CCleaner missed these.

5. Reinstall origin.

6. Download SimCity.

7. Pray when you click that Play button.

I really hope this helps the few of us affected by this problem. Support seems to be overwhelmed or just plain useless (I'm looking at your, Origin chat support.)

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,232 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the people meant to help us and say they are completely in the dark and not clueless/useless. After struggling with this issue multiple times, I messed around and managed to get to the launcher; so at least that's something. I suspect the main issue had to do with the SimCity uninstaller never booting from the windows Programs and Features area in the control panel. Registry edits never fully did it either. So...

My steps:

1.Uninstall Origin. You can leave behind other games, just make sure Sim City is deleted.

2. Download CCleaner. Seriously. When you do, go to the tools section and find the program uninstaller tool. Find the SimCity entry and uninstall it. Through CCleaner, it ran the uninstall perfectly, not like the crap where Origin just directs you to the Windows tool instead of doing it itself.

3.  *I can't be responsible if you take this step and something goes wrong; just know it worked for me. Don't try this step if you don't have common sense on what may be critical in you registry.*

Not satisfied, I searched my registry for every mention of "SimCity" and "Origin" deleted the ones that didn't seem critical If in doubt just leave it. Search for the registry solutions on the forums; it gives you the exact directories you should be checking. Unfortunately, I've been unable to locate those "solutions" again. Also be careful you don't delete any previous Sim City games' registry entries. I have Sim City 4 still installed so I had to be careful. The entries make it easy to tell the difference.

4. I deleted all temporary files, also through CCleaner. I also browsed to my temporary files and deleted what the system allowed me to for good measure. I run a swap drive for an SSD and CCleaner missed these.

5. Reinstall origin.

6. Download SimCity.

7. Pray when you click that Play button.

I really hope this helps the few of us affected by this problem. Support seems to be overwhelmed or just plain useless (I'm looking at your, Origin chat support.)

Message 2 of 6 (3,233 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It's not working for me , Still have error [3000] issue here.
It's just like i cannot launch the updater at all

Message 3 of 6 (2,645 Views)

★★ Novice

OH MY GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Message 4 of 6 (1,697 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Technical service EA did not solved my problem, you do. Many thanks for your help, I did exactly the same things and now it works. WOW !

Message 5 of 6 (847 Views)

Community Manager

@Miaka75 Glad to hear this helped out! Given the thread is pretty old I will be locking it, but definitely feel free to open up a new thread if you run into any issues. Happy gaming! Party hat

Mako.png
Message 6 of 6 (826 Views)