EA has the WORST customer service

by Gub38

Original Post

Re: EA has the WORST customer service

★★★ Newbie

I just purchased two Simcity online game codes on Amazon yesterday.  First mistake.  Then got installation error after installation error.  I had to reach out to EA for assistance at the 5 hour mark.  

They were no help.  Asked me to clear cache and run microsoft diagnosis, more errors.  After working on it 8 hours yesterday, I chatted for a refund today and was told nothing they could do.  I have to request from Amazon.  I had just talked to a rep there who told me I needed to go to EA.  (Notice I said talk - yes, you can reach real people at Amazon immediately).

So, I asked to chat with a supervisor.  Wait again.  Only to get the same scripted response.  Can't help you.  

Being a long-time Sims user, I will never purchase another EA game in my life.  

Deleting my profile and account.

Message 21 of 24 (696 Views)

★★★ Novice

Even if there is a problem with the advisory your speaking to, you don't have the right to treat disrespectfully. They're doing there job and it doesn't help to take your negative outlook view on EA out on them. 

Message 22 of 24 (544 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I registered my Sims 3 games when I bought them but I had to get a new computer. Because the cases were so clunky I recycled them and kept the code sheets in a drawer, but I’m missing two of them. I’ve been trying to get in touch with customer support for a week now. 2 chats, both of which I waited 10 or so minutes before a robot confirmed my identity. Then I get sent to a rep who never answers the chat. I waited 2 hours the first time and 3 1/2 the second, it’s ridiculous.

I tried calling, but I think the number listed was either a scam or horrible customer service because they wanted to charge me $9.99 to tell me the codes to the games I registered (you cannot register without a product code) but the games themselves were only $20, that’s absurd.

I sent an email through the customer satisfaction survey asking whether or not it was possible to retrieve the codes and it’s been 4 days. All I want is an answer and I can’t get anyone to take 1 minute to tell me yes or no.

This customer service is garbage.
Message 23 of 24 (452 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Taylor44559  This is the SimCity forum, not Sims 3, so there may be other things to try under the correct forum. SimCity doesn't require the serial codes to install on another computer, you should just be careful to log in to Origin on the same exact account, and all game expansions should be in your game library.

For a CD install of Sims 3, however, if you still have your old computer, you should be able to get your serial code from it. Log in to Origin, right-click the game icon and choose the settings button (under the download button). Click on Settings, then Game Properties, and the serial code should be listed there.

You can also find it in the registry (PC) or terminal (Mac). Complete steps for doing that can be found in the accepted answer here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/I-lost-my-registration-code-for-Sims-3/m-p/1689123/highlight/tr...

If neither of these works, you will have to go through customer support. Start here: https://help.ea.com/en/ and navigate through. I hope that you get your problem resolved.

Message 24 of 24 (439 Views)