EA has the WORST customer service

by Gub38

Original Post

EA has the WORST customer service

★★★ Newbie

I bought SimCity, came home and went to install is and am being told the registration code has been used! I contacted EA, and Nipun was miserable help. Apparently I bought the game used, and per EA policy, I can't do that. Now because the game is open, the retailer wont accept the return! When I requested to speak to the supervisor, I was asked to hold, and Nipun came back with a reply! I'm done with EA.

info: Your approximate wait time is 5 minute.
info: You are now ready to chat with Nipun.
Nipun: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Nipun. How may I assist you today?
you: hello
Nipun: Hello Ben !
you: I bought simcity and told I cannot install it due to the product code already being used
Nipun: I see
you: is there anyway to get the code reset or am i out the money paid?
Nipun: I would like to inform you that you have purchased a used copy of the game it cannot be redeemed on your account as once the code is redeemed it cannot be redeemed again .
Nipun: As per the EA policies we do not suggest customers to purchase a used copy of the game .
you: this is a very bad policy as I bought it NEW
you: and very bad customer service
Nipun: I understand your state of mind but these policies are made for the security of the customer's account .What best I can do is I will provide you a 15% discount code which you may use to purchase the new copy of the same .How about that ?
you: I already bought it! What does a 15% discount do when I already paid $60 for it?
Nipun: I am afraid then as its an online game needs to active on the account which you are using .I am so sorry as you would not be able to play until its active on your account .
you: may i speak with your supervisor
Nipun: Yes you may
Nipun: Do you mind if I place your chat on hold of a couple of minutes so that I can connect you with my supervisor ?
you: please do
Nipun: Thank you for waiting. I appreciate your patience.
Nipun: As I have checked this issue with my supervisor he also told me the same thing that once the code is redeemed it cannot be redeemed again on other account .
Nipun: This is an EA policy .
you: EA has just lost a customer for life
you: I will gladly post to every forum social networking site about this issue
Nipun: If I were in your shoes, I’m sure I’d feel just as you do but as per the policies this is not possible to redeem the code again .
you: and considering I asked to SPEAK to your supervisor and you come back with a reply, that is very bad customer service
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to ************@*mail.com at the end of your chat session.
you: shows where EA rates its customers
Nipun: In what issue you want to talk with the supervisor as I have discussed the case with him he said the same thing which I have already told you o.
you: really? 
Nipun: Yes .
Nipun: I have discussed this case with him .
you: i need the phone number for your corporate office and your employee id number
Nipun: You may use the call me option available on the help website and our team will call you up for this issue .Our team will be available from  8AM-11PM CDT, Monday through Saturday
Nipun: I would not be able to provide you the employee id number as this is not allowed .You may have this case id for the reference : 1********
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to ************@*ail.com at the end of your chat session.
Nipun: Is there anything else that you wish to know?

Message 1 of 24 (12,160 Views)

Re: EA has the WORST customer service

Hero

So you bought it sealed from a retail Store ? And they never bothered to ask for a receipt or anything ? DId you actually provide them with the number or did they just jump to conclusions ? I do assume that's the whole transcript, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (12,056 Views)

Community Manager

It's worth making contact again, but keep a copy of the game code/your receipt to hand so it can be checked. Either you were sold a used copy of the game by the retailer, or there is some issue with the code, and checking will help to determine the right course of action.

Sorry that your first response didn't make progress, but hopefully this can get resolved satisfactorily.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 24 (11,986 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hola, necesito ayuda

@Gub38 wrote:

I bought SimCity, came home and went to install is and am being told the registration code has been used! I contacted EA, and Nipun was miserable help. Apparently I bought the game used, and per EA policy, I can't do that. Now because the game is open, the retailer wont accept the return! When I requested to speak to the supervisor, I was asked to hold, and Nipun came back with a reply! I'm done with EA.

info: Your approximate wait time is 5 minute.
info: You are now ready to chat with Nipun.
Nipun: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Nipun. How may I assist you today?
you: hello
Nipun: Hello Ben !
you: I bought simcity and told I cannot install it due to the product code already being used
Nipun: I see
you: is there anyway to get the code reset or am i out the money paid?
Nipun: I would like to inform you that you have purchased a used copy of the game it cannot be redeemed on your account as once the code is redeemed it cannot be redeemed again .
Nipun: As per the EA policies we do not suggest customers to purchase a used copy of the game .
you: this is a very bad policy as I bought it NEW
you: and very bad customer service
Nipun: I understand your state of mind but these policies are made for the security of the customer's account .What best I can do is I will provide you a 15% discount code which you may use to purchase the new copy of the same .How about that ?
you: I already bought it! What does a 15% discount do when I already paid $60 for it?
Nipun: I am afraid then as its an online game needs to active on the account which you are using .I am so sorry as you would not be able to play until its active on your account .
you: may i speak with your supervisor
Nipun: Yes you may
Nipun: Do you mind if I place your chat on hold of a couple of minutes so that I can connect you with my supervisor ?
you: please do
Nipun: Thank you for waiting. I appreciate your patience.
Nipun: As I have checked this issue with my supervisor he also told me the same thing that once the code is redeemed it cannot be redeemed again on other account .
Nipun: This is an EA policy .
you: EA has just lost a customer for life
you: I will gladly post to every forum social networking site about this issue
Nipun: If I were in your shoes, I’m sure I’d feel just as you do but as per the policies this is not possible to redeem the code again .
you: and considering I asked to SPEAK to your supervisor and you come back with a reply, that is very bad customer service
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to ************@*mail.com at the end of your chat session.
you: shows where EA rates its customers
Nipun: In what issue you want to talk with the supervisor as I have discussed the case with him he said the same thing which I have already told you o.
you: really? 
Nipun: Yes .
Nipun: I have discussed this case with him .
you: i need the phone number for your corporate office and your employee id number
Nipun: You may use the call me option available on the help website and our team will call you up for this issue .Our team will be available from  8AM-11PM CDT, Monday through Saturday
Nipun: I would not be able to provide you the employee id number as this is not allowed .You may have this case id for the reference : 1********
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to ************@*ail.com at the end of your chat session.
Nipun: Is there anything else that you wish to know?

hola

Message 4 of 24 (11,967 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sounds like a customer issue, not a customer service issue. first

NO ONE IS SELLING THIS GAME FOR FULL PRICE ANYMORE. so that is a lie. 

Second problem. How is it EA's fault you did not keep your recipt? 

Where did you buy it? 

It sounds like you are trying to cheat them out of the game. 

I don't think you paid full price for the game. I think you ether have a pirated copy, or you bought a used copy. 

Message 5 of 24 (11,928 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

I think you need to return to the store and discuss with their staff your purchase and lack of receipt.

If you paid via card they can usually pull up the transaction and reprint the receipt.

Message 6 of 24 (11,892 Views)

★★★ Newbie

man i have been waiting for an answer due to my ploblem and no one ever answered in the chat, i tried to do the call me thing but it doesn't work!!!

this is the worst customer service i had ever experienced
i can promise that i will never buy EA products or recommend to anyone due this situation

Message 7 of 24 (11,875 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Your inablity to contact support do to your own technology problems does not make it bad customer service. 

Message 8 of 24 (11,842 Views)

★★ Novice

I had someone named Cesar and he did no help...Seriously. I told him all the problems but it did nothing! I waited an hour. I'm trying again tomorrow and privdiing a vid of the glitch and i HOPE I get someone a bit better

Message 9 of 24 (11,288 Views)

Re: EA has not supported used game resale any time I know of

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

This dead, decayed corpse is so long dead, it is worthless to attach any piggy back anything to.  It was about failing to rertain a retail receipt or else trying to get a pirated copy validated, so you are off topic with your comment, also. 

Message 10 of 24 (11,287 Views)