Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: EA happily refunded my purchase

by benji84_NO

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA happily refunded my purchase

★ Guide

I just contacted EA support via Origin chat, and the rep happily refunded my money for my pre-order of SimCity. Adios SimCity community! Enjoy your giant turd!

Message 1 of 7 (518 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

U should know that on the internet you "need proof or it didn't happen". And when you have proof that it did happen either "experts" will come and examine the document, which most likely will be a screenshot, and after they have thoroughly examined the screenshot they will say it's faked or people will call you a troll.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (406 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Good joke, LOL! 

Message 2 of 7 (490 Views)

★ Guide

No, I'm actually serious. I contacted them via Origin chat, said I wanted a refund, and they refunded it. I expected to get in a fight with the agent, and expected to immediately call my bank and dispute the charge. I was shocked to get a refund.

Message 3 of 7 (433 Views)

★ Apprentice

U should know that on the internet you "need proof or it didn't happen". And when you have proof that it did happen either "experts" will come and examine the document, which most likely will be a screenshot, and after they have thoroughly examined the screenshot they will say it's faked or people will call you a troll.

Message 4 of 7 (407 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Do you have evidence supporting that theory? :P

Message 5 of 7 (336 Views)

★ Guide

@sp3tzn4z wrote:

Or in layman's terms: pics or GTFO :cathappy:

Message 6 of 7 (294 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't know about Origin issuing a refund, but…

American Express has an agreement with this vendor (Electronic Arts).  Any cardholder that disputes a charge from EA (for any reason) will have the dispute resolved in his favor and receive a full credit.

Message 7 of 7 (249 Views)
Twitter Stream