Re: EA Talk to Apple - get us back on Simcity 2013 since their High Sierra Updat

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Re: Simcity Crash OSX 10.13

★ Novice
I updated to high sierra last night and now cant play without it crashing.its so annoying.
I really hope they fix it as I’ve been playing the last few days and I really like it. I’m a long time fan, played the original years ago - fingers crossed for a solution soon !
Message 11 of 125 (4,388 Views)

EA Talk to Apple - get us back on Simcity 2013 since their High Sierra Update...

★★★★★ Novice

Hello All

Ever Since Apple has updated their operating system to 10.13 High Sierra, it has rendered all of us MacBook users with an unplayable game. It will constantly crash after 2 mins of playing.

Now this is unacceptable as we have all payed a lot of money for this game and as now EA don't bother to support us we just have to cut our losses...

I am starting a feed to see if anyone is listening to us, and still I know after a few years of playing that we want our game back and who else is having problems. Ive tried Apple, EA, Aspyr, to no avail, and I want a fix.

So please don't annoy the fans by forgetting your old games and make them work on the newer operating systems.

Message 12 of 125 (4,047 Views)

★★ Novice

I just updated yesterday. Simcity was working just fine until then. I'm trying all options i know but I suspect nothing will work, as nothing has worked for any of you. This is so frustrating. 

Message 13 of 125 (4,331 Views)

Re: EA Talk to Apple - get us back on Simcity 2013 since their High Sierra Updat

Hero (Retired)

First, THANK YOU for starting a new thread! XP for you! I realize some people want to show that an issue has been around for a long time, but necro threads are counterproductive. I really wish they would lock threads older than 6 months or a year.

I don't have a Mac, nor do I know much about them, so I can't help directly, but you're right - High Sierra 10.13 seems to have caused issues for Mac users, making the game unplayable. We know that SimCity is no longer actively supported, so they're not going to be issuing any updates to help, but maybe we can get some traction for figuring out what the heck the update did. At the very least, if no one will issue a fix or patch, Apple should pull the game from the Apple store so they're not frustrating a lot of new users unnecessarily.

@EA_Mai - can you help these SimCity Mac users? There are many posts about this version breaking the game. What do you suggest?  

Message 14 of 125 (4,010 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought my game a couple days before updating to High Sierra. Now I cant play and it's too late to return!

Message 15 of 125 (3,999 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi All

I have found a temporary fix as of this moment its a bit of a pain but it will have to do until EA / Apple fix the problem, but if anyone hears a permanent fix / patch please let us all know. I have downloaded VMware Fusion and running a virtual Windows 7 machine, that seems to work with the game installed, bit lagging but working.

Message 16 of 125 (3,991 Views)

★ Novice

I am in the same boat,I upgraded to High Sierra and now my favourite Sim City keeps crashing. We need a Patch.

Message 17 of 125 (3,959 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Still awaiting a response from EA..... as of yet nothing from them.... if you hear anything keep this feed going to show that we SImCity Mayors want our game back.....

Message 18 of 125 (3,883 Views)

★ Novice

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING. I have plenty of friends that are software developers who need a job, and could easily fix this issue! HIRE THEM. 

Message 19 of 125 (3,874 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same issues. Given that this thread has yet to have a response from EA or any tech person, my guess is they are no longer supporting this game and...we are SOL. For fun, here is the continued crash log...

Message 20 of 125 (4,158 Views)