City not processing-Stop claiming it's our issue, this is a serversided problem!

by Karnemeth

Original Post

Accepted Solution

City not processing-Stop claiming it's our issue, this is a serversided problem!

★★ Apprentice

** I initially posted this as a reply, but it's better for (returning) users here to see this in an actual topic**

Hello EA,

In the past week almost everybody who regularly play SimCity 2013 (SC5), has had many errors saying 'your city is not processing right, please rollback'. This, apart from the error 'your city could not be loaded at this time', is very annoying and frustrating. Opening a new topic always leads to a mod/admin claiming the issues are on the users computer, mostly containing corrupted installation files. Since over 8.000 people in the past 4 days alone have the same, it's not that. All we ask for is a real reply/statement from EA or a mod/admin with knowledge about what's going on and not a standard 'here is a fix' reply. This, again, does NOT help cq fix the issue. Everyone who works in the IT-business knows that the 'processing'-error is serversided and not usersided. Stop treating us like dumb people. This topic is meant to gather information about what's going on. There are some people who claim this (and some other errors) started to pop up after the announcement that EA Games is shutting down old(er) multiplayer games. 

Below you can read my initial reply on a topic:

Seems more and more to me that EA doesn't give much about the issues we have.

Call me addicted to SC2013, but with over 7600 hours of SC2013 since the release date (mostly running in the background), I do think I have the right to ask EA to look into it. As others, who may have way less or similar hours in this game, have too.

sc7629.png

What bothers me the most, is that forum mods (whether they work for EA or not), tend to lay the problem by the user itself. Which, after reviewing thousands of posts on mostly Reddit and Twitter, is not the case. Nobody gets a real answer. Everybody keeps getting told to 'fix corrupted files or deleted particular contains from a said folder' in order to get it to work.

But the main issue here, is that since Thursday almost everyone playing SC2013, is getting the  'your city is not processing blablabla'-error.

Apart from the lack of support under Windows 10 X64 for SC2013 (even in 2013/2014 the majority of the gamers already used an X64 OS), this is again a sign that EA does not care too much about it. I know that games are not that expensive anymore, especially older ones. But that doesn't mean that a game like this one should be left alone with all its negative perks and bad coding without support. If I buy an Audi S8 or a Dacia Sandero Stepway, I get support for either cars no matter the cost. What's the deal here with games then ?
Apart from the lack of support (like: no support at all) for the game TDU2 (Test Drive Unlimited 2) which launched in 2011 and shut down in 2017, this game is the runner up.

I don't want to start a whole discussion here whether this or that is better of worse, but another thing that annoys a shitton to me is that most people cannot claim an abandoned city 'because they don't have the necessary packs'. I have the complete edition and still I cannot take over some abandoned cities 'because I'm missing something'. That was not the whole idea behind(re)claiming an abandoned city right ?

But again, fix your damn servers or take it offline. This is no good for anyone who's a huge fan (like me) of the SimCity-games, over any other city building game out there that have 0 issues (CitiesXL/CitiesXXL for example or Cities Skylines).

It comes to this, we demand either a solution or an explanation as to what causes the issues in the past week. Stop replying with 'fixes' that do not fix the issues here.
Nobody is so stupid not to look at (older) topics that have already hit the spot on this forum.

Message 1 of 2 (679 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: City not processing-Stop claiming it's our issue, this is a serversided prob

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey there, 

Since there's already an existing thread on this topic I'm going to lock this. We'll use this thread to track this issue: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/SimCity-My-city-has-been-processing-for-the-past-5-months/m-p...

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (636 Views)

All Replies

Re: City not processing-Stop claiming it's our issue, this is a serversided prob

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey there, 

Since there's already an existing thread on this topic I'm going to lock this. We'll use this thread to track this issue: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/SimCity-My-city-has-been-processing-for-the-past-5-months/m-p...

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 2 (637 Views)